Spied: Dodge JC49

DetroitNut90

The prototypes for a new Dodge crossover vehicle to do battle with the Ford Edge, Toyota Highlander, Saturn Outlook, GMC Acadia, and the rest of the burgeoning crossover crowd has been spied yet again. This all-new model–known internally as the JC49–is based on the Chrysler Sebring and Avenger sedans, but displays a clearly larger platform. The JC49 was originally spied in mid-December with sparse details.

Leftlane News

Edited by DetroitNut90

Almost looks as big as a Pacifica. I guess the news of the demise of the Pacifica isn't all that significant now.....as long as the Chrysler version gets an interior pretty close to the quality of the one in the current Pacifica.

This looks too big, and maybe too expensive, to be a direct PT Cruiser replacement? :scratchchin:

The interior looks interesting.

Almost looks as big as a Pacifica. I guess the news of the demise of the Pacifica isn't all that significant now.....as long as the Chrysler version gets an interior pretty close to the quality of the one in the current Pacifica.

If the interior quality is simply the same as the Pacifica's then Chrysler might as well just cancel it now and save as much money as they can. The interior needs to be leaps and bounds better than the Pacifica's if they hope to have a chance against the Lambdas.

Actually they pretty much will. Plus I would expect JC/JZ49 to weigh way less than the lambdas.

They'll have the 4.0L cranking out similar power? Or is there something else?

Oh and Capt Booyah, your animation is slowing down any pages its on.

I just realized that myself... back to Beavis and Butthead...

This looks too big, and maybe too expensive, to be a direct PT Cruiser replacement? :scratchchin:

Either the JC or JZ 49 will be the PT Crusier replacement, but according to Allpar.com, you wont' eb able to tell. The other will be the Dodge version, possibly called the Crew

I can't imagine, even with similar power, that these will ride anywhere nearly as well as the Lambda since it rides on basically the same chasis as the Avenger/Sebring (which is basically just a scaled up version of the Caliber/Compass chasis)

Hmm.. looks like crossover segment is really heating up though judging by Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep's recent production vehicles, it's safe to assume that exterior design will be, on a scale from 1 to 10, a 6. Interior design will be about 5 or 6, while interior quality will be about 4. GM doesn't need to worry since this looks to be a bit smaller then the Lambda CUVs. Toyota never has to worry about anything since their products are always perfect. :rolleyes: If anything, Ford has the most to lose especially since the Edge is a completely new vehicle and it's design doesn't fit everybody's taste: In other words.. it's not bland enough.