Van Halen tour, new Eagles CD

from billboard.com - go there to check it out

The new Eagles studio album that has been in the works since 2003 will be out before summer, according to principal member Don Henley. "Sometime in the next 60-90 days," Henley tells Billboard of when to expect the as-yet-untitled disc. "We want to get it out before the summer. We've had a few interruptions. We've had a few distractions. We've had several."

The last Eagles album was 1979's "The Long Run." Asked to characterize the mood of the recording sessions, Henley says, "Some days it feels good. Some days it's challenging. It's exhilarating. It's worrisome. It's joyous. It's all of these things. It's a big mixed emotions kind of thing. It always has been. It's no different from what it ever is. It's just that there are more distractions now with families and charities and lawsuits."

The Van Halen summer tour with David Lee Roth exclusively revealed here last week has now been confirmed by the band's publicist. In a statement, the group said it would tour with David Lee Roth on vocals for the first time since 1984. Dates and cities have yet to be announced.

"I am very excited to get back to the core of what made Van Halen," guitarist Eddie Van Halen said in a statement. Van Halen's 15-year-old son Wolfgang has stepped in for original bassist Michael Anthony in the new incarnation of the group, which also features drummer Alex Van Halen.

The instrumentalists rehearsed with Roth in December to make sure the chemistry was right, and the parties then moved forward to sign a contract for 40 concerts this summer.

Van Halen last toured in 2004 with vocalist Sammy Hagar, grossing nearly $40 million, according to Billboard Boxscore. Hagar refused to collaborate further with the Van Halen brothers after the tour's completion ("I don't get along with Eddie anymore, and that's all there is to it," he told Billboard.com in August 2005), although he has consistently played live with Anthony in recent years. The warring factions may wind up meeting in public in March when Van Halen is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

The summer tour is expected to be one of the most in-demand of the year, joining reunion outings from the Police and Crowded House, among others.

WHERE'S MICHAEL ANTHONY?!

F*************CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that's out of my system, a Van Halen tour is AWESOME.

And I don't care too much for the Eagles, but it's good to see Classic Rock have a bit of a comeback. We need to combat all this hip-hop, rap, punk, etc.

VH fans have been toyed with far too many times since 1996. I really hope that this lasts, and they move forward with a new album once this tour is over. I'm pissed at what happened to Michael Anthony - especallly because he's so cool - but even without him, this band has always had enough potential to take the rock world by storm, and send all of today's kiddie rock bands back to the drawing board.

One thing's for sure, you'll be able to cut all the tension at their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony with a knife.

Now in my mid-thirties, I have liked Van Halen since I was 8 or 9.

In the past twelve years, they have come out with one album worth of new material.

In 1997, they came out with a 'Best Of' collection.

In 2004, they came out with another 'Best Of' collection.

In 2007, rumors speculate a 'Box Set.'

They treated Gary Cherone terribly, and now they kick out Mike Anthony!? Heritage aside, who's going to handle the backing vocals? No Mike = No Van Halen