DTS Colors?

gm4life

Go to Cadillac.com or use GM's site to build a Cadillac and the hues Crimson Red, Glacier White, Blue Ice, and White Lightning are no longer optional. It looks like White Diamond replaced the whites but we still lost a blue and red. So if you want Crimson Red or the wonderful White Lightning then get it now! Although Diamond White is just as pretty!

Don't know, but the colors are kind of weak now, IMHO!

I agree 100%! This car needs some colors with a little "bling" factor! These subdued colors, with limited selections, hurt sales, yet the DTS remains exceedingly popular--imagine the even better sales if it had a full selection of colors (i.e. 21, with several optional "Firemist" ones). The interiors also need more color selections--at least the Next Generation CTS has been announced to have available "Tuscany Leather in Mulberry."

This reminds me of Cadillac saying the Eldorado was not selling well, so they dropped it--yet the car had not been significantly updated in 11 model years--yet sales were quite respectable. Here, their alienating even some loyalists, because of only offering limited color selections. All Cadillac needs to do is to resurrect some of their neat colors from the past, or variations of them. If done selectively, those would be very popular. It's too bad they just "don't seem to get it," the DTS has followers because of its traditional luxury touches and styling cues.

• 1 month later...

If you want a blue, you're stuck with the boring (Navy) Blue Chip, new Red is the meh-Crystal Red Tintcoat. Gold Mist, Mystic Gray, and Double Espresso look good though.

Has anyone seen the "Linen" color of Leather Interior? The previous pictures of the "Platinum" edition DTS were written as Linen and Cocoa Leather, but did not look any different than the "Cashmere" shade in the photos. I am hoping it will resemble the previous (i.e. 2001 and 2002 MY's) "Oatmeal" leather. The DTS looks great with the very light leather interiors (i.e. Blue Chip or Crimson Pearl with Oatmeal Leather were a classic combinations)! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I'll bet they also deleted my favorite interior color- bk blue. The idiots!

Don't unusual colors like dark blue or red look dated after a few years? Like the Lava Blue interior for the BMW 7 series. It may look "cool and different" in the beginning, but assuming you keep your car for a couple years, it will probably get old really quickly.

Don't unusual colors like dark blue or red look dated after a few years? Like the Lava Blue interior for the BMW 7 series. It may look "cool and different" in the beginning, but assuming you keep your car for a couple years, it will probably get old really quickly.

Some of us get tired of the "same old, same old. . . " It is alot more in keeping with the lineage of Cadillac to offer unique and different, trend-setting colors. Especially those combinations that in and of themselves are "flashy." Even Aston Martin and Bentley offer the "Mulberry" [brite raspberry] shade of leather interiors. I would love to see a selection of Firemist colors return to the Cadillac exterior color selections, also!

Blues seems to be disappearing in for a lot of cars, yet it is a very flattering color for many cars...the Glacier Blue Metallic is also gone from the LaCrosse.

Silver is vapid when coupled with a gray or black interior. It's just drab. It comes alive when teamed with a burgundy interior which sadly went away in the mid-90s. I would order that combo all over again in a heartbeat, if available. However, silver is not one of my favorite colors on a stand-alone basis.