G6 side mirrors?

Why aren't they getting body colored, not even on the GT and GTP models? Even the Malibu has them!

[post="21498"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'd say they will be for '07, but that's just a good guess, since both the Equinox and Malibu (same or very similar mirror design) just got them this year--and it made a BIG difference.

Maybe the Pontiac designers think the black matte ones look better on their car? Edited by caddycruiser

Even a better question... why do I see 2003 and lter Grand Am GTs wiht the ugly plain shaped black side view mirrors while my Parent's 2002 G/A GT has the gorgeous BMW style ones? That always boggled my mind. The non-body colored cheap ones are just plain gross.

Even a better question... why do I see 2003 and lter Grand Am GTs wiht the ugly plain shaped black side view mirrors while my Parent's 2002 G/A GT has the gorgeous BMW style ones? That always boggled my mind. The non-body colored cheap ones are just plain gross.

[post="21937"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Same reason you see '04 Grand Am SEs with Alero body panels:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

G/As always shared the Alero Doors, they just removed the Ribs (molding) for 2003. That was Lutzs' idea.

As far as the side mirors though, what a difference.... the Ameba shaped black ones look terrible.

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

I tell ya' what lets do a poll: Would it change your buying decision on a car if it had black mirrors rather than body colored mirrors? or Would it accentuate the many things that are cheap in the design and build of the car and suddenly that one item becomes a lighting rod for criticism? I assume the latter would be most appropriate.

Yes, it WOULD definately sway my decision. The G/A GT is a gorgeous car but wiht those ugly mirrors it would just ruin it for me every tme I looked at the car. Being somewhat mechanically inclined I'd probably just eBay the ugly ones ad buy the nice ones. Iff that was not an option I just might not buy a G/A cause of it.