Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Focus group for the Camaro is being formed

hyperv6

A Focus group is being formed and they will meet in May.

12 people were picked from a enthusiast web site and will help with feedback on option packages and other items on the new car. They will also be taken to the Milford proving grounds so this shows we have some Camaro's prototypes in country so our Detroit phone photog's might want to keep an eye out for any odd cars what could be a rebodied Camaro.

I have someone I know that is one of the 12 and is a great informed Camaro fan. So this group is not a lot of people that really have no clue so you can rest easy that the fee back will be from pople that really car and understand.

It would have been fun to have been one of the 12 Disciples. I always wanted to be a focus group but to be in one for a car like this would be killer.

Edited by hyperv6

what the hell is a deciple?

Sorry I fixed it! Happy? Next time I will wait till I am awake.

Any way the people they picked came from a GM based independent web site [GMINSIDER.COM]. They were asked to write in 250 words or less what they thought the Camaro should be. The twelve that were picked were base on their Ideas.

Some were not your normal Camaro owners. They are auto enthusiast but were not required to be Camaro owners.

Lets face it it is a no brainer to sell to the captive crowd but Chevy needs to get the people who are not your normal F body owner to buy. They already know what most F body people want.

I think they went about it in a good way and at least have people with an interest in the car.

I know several people involved with the Camaro program and they are car people not just stuffed shirts so this whole deal is in good hands.

As for the rest of the car from what I hear everyone should be happy. Things are looking as good or better than what we are expcting. Do not underestimate anything we have heard.

Edited by hyperv6

Good to know that GM is improving the amount of input required from their "noncustomers" to entice them into a particular vehicle.

I think that is the only way they can bring the import humpers or the sideliners into the GM fold.

Good to know that GM is improving the amount of input required from their "noncustomers" to entice them into a particular vehicle.

I think that is the only way they can bring the import humpers or the sideliners into the GM fold.

2 people were picked from a enthusiast web site

sounds like the people they picked will not be noncustomers, but repeat customers

No nut jobs.

Just because some may have not been Camaro owners does not mean they are not people who are not intrested or informed on the car.

I assume they were picked because the insite and vision in there written statments that showed they had a clue of what is going on.

• 3 weeks later...

Let me address some concerns:

We've talked to competitive make owners-- and competitive make intenders.......and just about everyone you could imagine.

However -- we felt that it was important to talk to Camaro/Firebird/Corvette owners on a variety of subjects that we think they can add value. (evidently there are a few out there that must think we should ignore our enthusiasts - and to them, I say -- WRONG!)

So.......we went to a 'private' enthusiast site. (Had we gone out to all enthusiast sites, we would have been buried in essays-- Frankly, we don't have time to read a couple of thousand essays -- I wish we did, but we don't! -- further, we would have upset some website owners if we didn't post on their sites.........see where I'm going with this???) We asked all members on that site -- who were interested in serving in a focus group -- to submit an essay of 200 words or less on WHY they'd be ideal for this "Camaro summit' --

Interesting results:

8 men / 7 women (15 total)

Youngest is 20

Oldest is 66

All have owned Camaros

Most still own Camaros -- all generations represented

Some own Firebirds

Some own Corvettes

They come from all over the United States -- and two come from Canada.

HH Income runs from $45K a year to WELL over 6 figures

All are very intelligent and can communicate very well. (as evidenced by their essays)

All are involved in Camaro clubs/websites and are active in these clubs/on the sites

All will be expected to sign a confidentiality agreement --

They will be allowed to discuss some items with you -- our enthusiasts

They will be prohibited from talking about other items

They will drive the Coupe and Convertible at the Milford Proving Grounds

This is the right thing to do.

And we very much look forward to working with them.......

Edited by fbodfather

Members of the Camaro Summit:

Dan Porcaro -- New Jersey

Cara Ferguson - Texas

Selena Muhoberic -- Louisiana

Jeremy Donovan -- Virginia

Jason Debler -- Michigan

Sherrie Slocum - Ohio

Maggie Finn -- Oregon

Cetera Heino -- Oregon

Chris Livote -- New York

Kevin Kolvenbach -- New York

Elie Garfinkel -- Ontario, Canada

Janet Curran -- California

Tim DeYoung -- Illinois

Art Schroeder -- Manitoba, Canada

Millicent Odell -- Texas

Do you know any of them? Go ahead and contact them via email and let them know your thoughts on Camaro!

Members of the Camaro Summit:

Dan Porcaro -- New Jersey

Cara Ferguson - San Antonio F-Body Enthusiasts

Selena Muhoberic -- Louisiana

Jeremy Donovan -- Virginia

Jason Debler -- Michigan

Sherrie Slocum - Ohio

Maggie Finn -- Oregon (Finn's Auto Body?)

Cetera Heino -- Oregon, Camaro Super Sport Owners Association

Chris Livote -- New York

Kevin Kolvenbach -- New York

Elie Garfinkel -- Ontario, Canada

Janet Curran -- Spring Mountain Motorsports

Tim DeYoung -- Midwest F-Body Association, http://www.5thgen.org/

Art Schroeder -- Manitoba, Canada

Millicent Odell -- Texas F-Body Association

Do you know any of them? Go ahead and contact them via email and let them know your thoughts on Camaro!

No but there are sure some chicks there I might want to know better :AH-HA_wink:

It's a pity most of them are married. :P

Edited by thegriffon