Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Well today I went with my dad tothe auto show...I'll post some pics later but this was his general comments:

"They killed the CRV"

"Honda bores me"

"Wow! That CTS is awesome!"

"I love those little chevy concepts"

"All the toyotas look like garbage"

"The Malibu's back is ugly, but the front is nice"

"I love the G6"

"WOW! I want to go trade your mothers car in tomarrow if I can get a solstice for $20k"

"Yuck...the vue and astra look like bloated bugs"

He was in awe of the chrysler nassau, the two madza concepts, the flex, and the dodge demon.

His personal faves are Sebring, HHR, Solstice, and G6.

Some funny things I noticed.

There was a guy with the some mustang or something concept talking on a platform....everyone was using the 08 focus to lean on....no one cared what it was.

Flex platform had 0 traffic...except me and my dad...he loves it.

We found hyundai behind a wall shoved in a random place...we were laughing.

People couldn't believe that they were looking at saturns.

GMC display was very quiet.

Overall we both agreed that the honda, toyota, buick, and saab displays were pathetic.

Edited by Ravenfreak13

When I went I was checking out the Acadia and a family of four was checking out the back row and how it operates, and the two sons go wow mom this truck blows your MDX out of the water, it was a great moment. Hey did you get one of the VW pen holders in the shape of a GTI haha?

Edited by 2chevs

We did...I just wish it was less crowded...I would've liked to have sat in more cars.

Ah, yes ... I know what you mean.

I've been to the Chicago Auto Show a few times ... always amazed at the crowds ... wishing I had more time to see more cars (and sit in them), but the crowds tend to curtail some of that :(.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

my radio show:CD SHOWCASE.7:30p central.Friday/April 20 = www.wrmn1410.com

I went on Monday the 9th and fell completely in love with the 2008 Cadillac CTS. I was going thinking I would leave there really wanting a Pontiac G8 (which I think is still a great car), but the CTS caught me by surprise. Even the wife liked it, saying it would be a great car to replace the AURA when that lease expires at the end of 2009.

Some additional observations - the Groove, Trax, and Beat continually drew crowds, and many current CTS owners were talking about replacing theirs with the new 2008 model. The G8 didn't seem to have a big crowd around it, as seen in pictures from the other auto shows, but there were many people in Pontiac display. The Buick Supers are okay, but seeing the Chinese Park Avenue makes them completely a waste of time. Old people were seen at their display, but sadly sittting on the edge and not really there for the car. The preproduction Enclave and dissected version were getting a lot of attention from the crowds. Saturn was busy and while at the Solstice display, overhead many people saying they like the SKY better. Surprisinglu the wife liked both versions of the Astra hatchback and the XR version of the new VUE. GMC had many people looking over the Sierras, Yukons and Acadias, but it was positioned in a wierd spot between Chevy & Pontiac. Down in the basement though was where GM decided to show-off the new Sierra Denali with the rest of the big GM truck display. Big mitake, as there was no one around it. Usually this type of intro would have been included upstairs with the rest of the GMC line-up; not sure what happened here (big mistake though by GM to make the upstairs GMC display so lame this year). Saab had Olds last known location (is that a good thing?) and Buick was placed in the back where Saturn usually was. Cadillac was obvisouly crowded and so was Chevy - the Camro Convertible concept had tons of people around it at all times.

It looks like the Enclave, Acadia or OUTLOOK will occupy my driveway next summer when the Envoy lease expires. She's totally in love with the Enclave, which is 3rd on my list out of the three. I'm really torn between the OUTLOOK and Acadia - I like the "truckier" grille of the Saturn, but like the Envoy cues in the exterion design of the Acadia (and naturally being a GMC fan makes me want to stay in the "family"). Still trying to decide too if we'll lease it or buy it (she wants a nice, 7- or 8-seater family hauler that we can take anywhere and not worry about mileage limits).

Overall I was impressed with this year's show, though it lacked the "concept edge" by GM that was prevailant in past years. More production intros though means more that people can buy.

I thought it was great that GM was placed in the middle of the floor. So much better then the boring toyota display. Honda was even worse...We were staring at their little hydrogen display thing and my dad was like "Why are we here...the volt display is so much more intresting.

I was wearing my Chrysler sweatshirt...bad idea. The guy on the platform with the new caravan pointed to me and said"I see we have a Chrysler fan in the area"...everyone looked at me...since it was blasted over the speakers...lol. I just waved.

Nice pics, Raven. Feedback:

LOVE that big Ford !!

G8 looks better in your shot than the official ones- raises my hopes a bit.

G6 GXP doesn't look bad; grille doesn't bother me at all in your shot.

In contrast, I liked the dedicated-thread pics of the 3 Chevy minis better- the cars looked less lumpy & strange in there than here. Not sure which way to take that.

Are those neon tubes in the taillights of the CTS ?

Edited by balthazar

Nice pics, Raven. Feedback:

G8 looks better in your shot than the official ones- raises my hopes a bit.

The car did look good...but It should have been a more noticable color.

G6 GXP doesn't look bad; grille doesn't bother me at all in your shot.

I think it looks weird in the official photos more then a real life shot

In contrast, I liked the dedicated-thread pics of the 3 Chevy minis better- the cars looked less lumpy & strange in there than here. Not sure which way to take that.

They were cool...too Japanese tho...my friend thought they were japanese..til i ponted out the chevy badge.

Are those neon tubes in the taillights of the CTS ?

I have no idea...looks that way tho.

Good work Raven. Thanks for the pics.

The Ford Flex looks like a 500 lb 13 year old with downs syndrome. Ford could have done a better job.

I agree with the G-8 looks Balthy.

CTS is mind blowing though. Cannot particularly comment on the Astra, particularly the angle (because of the lighting) and the color makes it look dull.

Enclave is beautiful.

I wish I had gone on a weekday either really early or really late.

*nods*

Yeah, one of these years, when I go to the Chicago Auto Show, I'm just going to blow a day of vacation to go in during the week. I've heard that it is a LOT LESS crowded ... and, thus, more enjoyable, then. We'll see ;).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

my radio show:CD SHOWCASE.7:30p central.Friday/April 20 = www.wrmn1410.com