My Second Rant... About tree-huggers...

gm4life

-What is this today that we face in America?

Many sad things, Toyota Camry best selling car in America. Al Gore writing his bull$h! global warming book, Michael Moore making fun of America in his documentary... Some America, I'll say. Old farts trading beautiful LeSabres for Prius's, people selling Montana's and getting Corolla's in this day and age anything is possible. We face people so blinded by how great hybrids are, that they have there own list of enviormental problems, like dissposing of those acid filled batteries? When we get right down to it, cheese-burgers, apple-pie and Chevy are true American icons.

Tree huggers try to make us "hate" the current Bush Administration for many reasons, the war, not caring about the enviorment and God forebid his tax cuts. I find it funny a very liberal person I know (excellent guy, politically screwed up in my view) owns 3 vehicles and a boat. Ironically enough one is 1991 Astro Van with a 4.3L V6 *(maybe 20mpg on a good day)*, a 1999 Chevrolet Suburban 5.7L Vortec *(eh call it 15 on a good day)* then his prodigy vehicle his 2002 Toyota Prius Sedan *(he claims 50mpg on a average day)*... Add up all his vehicles and average them together he is sucking more gas than me. Not to mention his boat with a Chevy 350 and twin 4bbl. carbs. He talks out of both sides of his mouth, how great his Prius is and how much gas he saves, then drives his Suburban to the lake towing his boat every weekend. While it sits in the driveway much of the week, while his wife is destroying the o-zone in the gas hog Astro. Funny isn't it he has always given me a laugh. This one is for you Jim. :pokeowned: My cars average better gas wise than his, that is what is real funny and my cars don't require new batteries every 7 years or whatever it is. I love how people have the power to speak out of both sides of their mouths. Liberals have always made me laugh his man is no exception, I am glad he is happy saving the enviorment and his next purchase will be Toyota Highlander Hybrid, to replace the Astro. I smiled and said just because it is hybrid doesn't mean your saving the world. :AH-HA_wink:

So this is what we are up against people who think Toyota's are great, hump Prius's and hate Bush (not for a good reason). This what we are up against. I am here to fight it. I speak my mind and mean what I say. I would like nothing more than too, drive by his old victorina home in a fire-engine red 1972 GTO with a 455ci. H.O. with a M22 Muncie and Rally II's and sports stripe and spoiler, and to scream GOD BLESS AMERICA. AND F*CK THE ENVIORMENT, eat my rubber and smell my polluting exhaust! :pbjtime: Or maybe I could do it in my G8 (someday) or Bonneville.

Edited by gm4life

-What is this today that we face in America?

Many sad things, Toyota Camry best selling car in America. Al Gore writing his bull$h! global warming book, Michael Moore making fun of America in his documentary... Some America, I'll say. Old farts trading beautiful LeSabres for Prius's, people selling Montana's and getting Corolla's in this day and age anything is possible. We face people so blinded by how great hybrids are, that they have there own list of enviormental problems, like dissposing of those acid filled batteries? When we get right down to it, cheese-burgers, apple-pie and Chevy are true American icons.

Tree huggers try to make us "hate" the current Bush Administration for many reasons, the war, not caring about the enviorment and God forebid his tax cuts. I find it funny a very liberal person I know (excellent guy, politically screwed up in my view) owns 3 vehicles and a boat. Ironically enough one is 1991 Astro Van with a 4.3L V6 *(maybe 20mpg on a good day)*, a 1999 Chevrolet Suburban 5.7L Vortec *(eh call it 15 on a good day)* then his prodigy vehicle his 2002 Toyota Prius Sedan *(he claims 50mpg on a average day)*... Add up all his vehicles and average them together he is sucking more gas than me. Not to metion his boat with a Chevy 350 and twin 4bbl. carbs. He talks out of both sides of his mouth, how great his Prius is and how much gas he saves, then drives his Suburban to the lake towing his boat every weekend. While it sits in the driveway much of the week, while his wife is destroying the o-zone in the gas hog Astro. Funny isn't it he has always given me a laugh. This on is to you Jim. :pokeowned: My cars average better gas wise than his, that is what is real funny and my cars don't require new batteries every 7 years or whatever it is. I love how people have the power to speak out of both sides of their mouths. Liberals have always made me laugh his man is no exception, I am glad he is happy saving the enviorment and his next purchase will be Toyota Highlander Hybrid, to replace the Astro. I smiled and said just because it is hybrid doesn't mean your saving the world. :AH-HA_wink:

So this is what we are up against people who think Toyota's are great, hump Prius's and hate Bush (not for a good reason). This what we are up against. I am here to fight it. I speak my mind and mean what I say. I would like nothing more than too, drive by his old victorina home in a fire-engine red 1972 GTO with a 455ci. H.O. with a M22 Muncie and Rally II's and sports stripe and spoiler, and to scream GOD BLESS AMERICA. AND F*CK THE ENVIORMENT, eat my rubber and smell my polluting exhaust! :pbjtime: Or maybe I could do it in my G8 (someday) or Bonneville.

I have mixed reactions to your rant.

As a Canadian I realize that I'm not fully qualified to speak, but hear me out please.

First of all, I don't like Mr. Bush, but I do have good reasons. I don't want to talk politics so I won't get into that.

I also like Micheal Moore, even though I know that some of what he says are skewing the truth or just fabricating facts the best he can. The "other side" is just as guilty of skewing the truth and fabricating facts, so it doesn't bother me that much.

I agree with you on the hybrids. I am doing a lot more for the earth by driving a Cobalt than they are!

I'm not a tree hugger, but I'm not going to just burn gas for no reason either.

Think of it this way. I'd rather have Micheal Moore make people question American values than watch countless "patriotic" Americans buy Japanese because they have no faith in the Big 3. Keeping money in your own economy is very important. If Magna were to buy Chrysler, my next car would likely be a Chrysler. As much as I have been disappointed by them in the past, it would be nice to finally buy something "Canadian", even if most of the plants would still be in the US.

That is fair, as long as you have a reason (good one) not to like Bush just because he hates the enviorment. Bless you for your response. I would rather have no Michael Moore or any other extreme-ist, and no patriotic American's buying Toyota.

Edited by gm4life

That is fair, as long as you have a reason (good one) not to like Bush just because he hates the enviorment. Bless you for your response. I would rather have no Michael Moore or any other extreme-ist, and no patriotic American's buying Toyota.

I don't think Bush hates the environment. In fact, I am very pleased to see the stance he took on foreign oil. Very progressive for a conservative.

I also have mixed feelings about this rant, although at least there are paragraphs this time around.

There's many reason why I don't like Bush...like criticizing the domestic automakers that they aren't fuel efficient enough but having no problems with Toyota's new gas-sucking Tundra. How about wanting to raise "fuel efficiency" to be "less dependent on oil" while at the same time being in favor of drilling oil in an Alaskan wild life reservation. His failure to do anything about our horrible trade policies that give iimports an advantage over domestics. The list could go on but I'll leave it at that.

I haven't listened to or read about Al Gore's global warming speeches, but global warming is indeed real, and there are facts to prove it. The causes are subject to debate, but there are plenty and they are real.

Of course your friend is indeed a hypocrite driving a Prius (which is worse for the environment than a Hummer) while also owning a big SUV and a crappy van. A Cobalt is indeed far better for the environment, as well as reduced oil consumption than the Hybrids. So is driving a Prizm (40+ mpg baby).

One other thing...if you're referring to the Pontiac Montana minivan..I don't care what they trade it for...it's a lousy vehicle anyway.

Edit: I really hate how people who disagree with anything that Bush does wrong (which is a lot) are labeled as "liberals" I tell them to, and I quote:

f@#k off asshole, it's not my fault he's an idiot.

Edited by Dodgefan

There's many reason why I don't like Bush...like criticizing the domestic automakers that they aren't fuel efficient enough but having no problems with Toyota's new gas-sucking Tundra. How about wanting to raise "fuel efficiency" to be "less dependent on oil" while at the same time being in favor of drilling oil in an Alaskan wild life reservation. His failure to do anything about our horrible trade policies that give iimports an advantage over domestics. The list could go on but I'll leave it at that.

Edit: I really hate how people who disagree with anything that Bush does wrong (which is a lot) are labeled as "liberals" I tell them to, and I quote:

f@#k off asshole, it's not my fault he's an idiot.

:lol: What he said.

And yes, this is a lousy article, if you ask me.

I cannot think of one good thing Bush has done. The tax cuts haven't done $h! for me, college keeps getting more expensive and it seems financial aid is becoming more scarce. When the ice storm hit back in January, my area was declared a disaster area but there was no help from any level of government. That ice storm, by the way, could very well have been a manifestation of global warming. Bull$h!? Could be, but until some science comes out to validate the bull$h! theory I'll continue to see global warming as a real problem.

I cannot think of one good thing Bush has done. The tax cuts haven't done $h! for me, college keeps getting more expensive and it seems financial aid is becoming more scarce. When the ice storm hit back in January, my area was declared a disaster area but there was no help from any level of government. That ice storm, by the way, could very well have been a manifestation of global warming. Bull$h!? Could be, but until some science comes out to validate the bull$h! theory I'll continue to see global warming as a real problem.

Just like how the government failed to respond to the Hurricanes...and more than a year later the effected areas still haven't recovered.

Just like how the government failed to respond to the Hurricanes...and more than a year later the effected areas still haven't recovered.

Its been 15 years since Hurricane Andrew and arguably some parts of Homestead still haven't fully recovered, forget about the set of hurricanes a few years ago. I won't blame the government for all of these issue; I also blame some of the residents for not having a vested interest in their own community.

I think the labels of "liberal" or "conservative" are old and outdated. I think it we broke down how people (real, on the street people) their feelings would be a mixed-bag of both. The real issue is that these honest, hard working Canadians and Americans don't vote. They feel like their issues are no longer being dealt with because the far right and the far left have hijacked the agenda. The trouble is, as soon as some van pulls up with a satellite dish on top and someone sticks a microphone in someone's face, they suddenly get brain rot.

Hurricane Andrew? Blame the local politicians who allow people in a hurricane zone to build homes made from paper mache and balsa wood. Should we feel sorry for these people in their stick homes in the Carolinas that get blown into the ocean every 10 years? C'mon people! What about California? What do people expect of their governnment when that State slides into the ocean? We make decisions every day about our lives, and a lot of them are BAD decisions.

Sadly, most people are lazy and selfish. They will continue buying Toyotas because their fat, lazy neighbor has one, not because they are better.

And now America's economy is threatened because a bunch of fat, lazy people mortgaged their homes to the tits and those mortgage companies are going under? :banghead:

People need to take responsibility for their own actions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I am liberal

I believe in global warming.

I loathe President Bush for many reasons, not the least of which is his FU attitude to American car makers (along with most other politicians Repub or Dem who do nothing about the artifically undervalued Yen)

Michael Moore is a disingenuous jerk who makes movies about important subjects that are only for his faithful, since he seems more to enjoy provoking and annoying the other side than actually taking into account that they are not crazy, they just don't agree with him. As much as I am all for gun control, if Charlton Heston had busted a cap in his ass as a tresspasser, I would have giggled.

I don't drive a Prius. I put my eco-friendly money where my mouth is and take the bus. I put very few miles on my car a year.