Attention GMTruckGuy74

I sent a present from GM's Wilmington Assembly plant to you today. You should have it in a few days. Enjoy!

I am very grateful for your assistance with my request. I can't wait to get it and bring my baby finally back to "normal" (pre-accident condition).

I don't know how to repay the favor, but I will add you to my list (just call me Earl!).

PS

It is in a paper bag and may be on fire.

Oooo! If it's on fire, then that must mean the item inside is really hot! Should I douse it with water? No, that might ruin the surprise inside. Step on it? That may damage it too. Hmmm, any suggestions?

:lol: :AH-HA_wink:

I am very grateful for your assistance with my request. I can't wait to get it and bring my baby finally back to "normal" (pre-accident condition).

I don't know how to repay the favor, but I will add you to my list (just call me Earl!).

Oooo! If it's on fire, then that must mean the item inside is really hot! Should I douse it with water? No, that might ruin the surprise inside. Step on it? That may damage it too. Hmmm, any suggestions?

:lol: :AH-HA_wink:

Think nothing of it. I wanted to get it out to you before I leave for Opel & Holden's Headquarters in the upcoming weeks, I didn't want it to slip through the cracks.

Enjoy your tour of the Wiilmington Assembly plant, remember if they let you tour through the Bodyshop, look there to see what is slowing production of the Kappa cars down. I would like to see you post something of your tour on here so I can read it while I'm away. I look forward to seeing your review of my favorite plant in all of GM.

PM me when you get what I sent you, so I know you got it!

I will definitely PM you when it arrives. Shouldn't be more than a couple of days... that is unless you snuck a brand new SKY RL in there too! :P

Since you're going over to Opel's HQ's, can you pass along to them that there's many people looking for a convertible that seats more than 2 in the Saturn line, and the Astra convertible would be a nice addition to Saturn's line-up?

I can't wait for the Wilmington tour. Details are still being kept secret, as the organizer is getting all of the GM plant waivers settled. I guess at that point he'll let us know what time slot we have for our tour (6:45 or 7:45 AM), plus any other activities planned for the day. I know several of the 100 or so cars will be going into PA or further into DE for a cruise and meal... not sure which route I'm going (PA or home). I will definitely post a thread here about the tour, and whatever pictures I'm allowed to take (all outside of the plant) too. You intrigued me on the bodyshop detail in the PM, so I know I'll definitely check it out.

Totally out of left field here, but what is your t-shirt size?

I will definitely PM you when it arrives. Shouldn't be more than a couple of days... that is unless you snuck a brand new SKY RL in there too! :P

Since you're going over to Opel's HQ's, can you pass along to them that there's many people looking for a convertible that seats more than 2 in the Saturn line, and the Astra convertible would be a nice addition to Saturn's line-up?

I can't wait for the Wilmington tour. Details are still being kept secret, as the organizer is getting all of the GM plant waivers settled. I guess at that point he'll let us know what time slot we have for our tour (6:45 or 7:45 AM), plus any other activities planned for the day. I know several of the 100 or so cars will be going into PA or further into DE for a cruise and meal... not sure which route I'm going (PA or home). I will definitely post a thread here about the tour, and whatever pictures I'm allowed to take (all outside of the plant) too. You intrigued me on the bodyshop detail in the PM, so I know I'll definitely check it out.

Totally out of left field here, but what is your t-shirt size?

Good I hope you have fun. Picture taking inside the plant is not allowed last I looked. No need to get me a T-Shirt, although I appreciate the offer. Enjoy your day there.

It's not so much what they make, but the people at Wilmington that make the difference for me.

Being a KY native I am predudice I guess but there's nothing like Southern hospitality. Seriously when I went on my tour I got to see the XLR-Vs before they were on sale and got to see the C6 Z06s shortly after sale, at that time ever 5th Vette was a Z06. I also got to hear a Z06 on the rollers, it was SWEET! All the guys on the line/on break/ were really cool and didn't seem bothered by it. Though the tour guides didn't know much.

Does Willmington give plant tours?

Being a KY native I am predudice I guess but there's nothing like Southern hospitality. Does Willmington give plant tours?

You do know Delaware was a slave state that fought for the Union? The day that Delaware was going to vote to leave the union, Lincoln sent 40,000 Federal troops to our state capital to make sure they didn't.

Wilmington only gives plant tours to special groups, there hasn't been individual plant tours in ten years.

You do know Delaware was a slave state that fought for the Union? The day that Delaware was going to vote to leave the union, Lincoln sent 40,000 Federal troops to our state capital to make sure they didn't.

Huh? :huh:

I don't really get the point but OK. KY voted to stay w/ the Union and it definately had TONS of slaves. Tobacco is still the #1 legal cash crop of the state and is still VERY labor intensive to produce. And Lincoln was born in KY, no matter what you hear from the "Land of Lincoln" (IN) or Illinois, he is one of us!

Wilmington only gives plant tours to special groups, there hasn't been individual plant tours in ten years.

Is the BG plant the only GM plant to regularly operate tours?

Huh? :huh:

I don't really get the point but OK. KY voted to stay w/ the Union and it definately had TONS of slaves. Tobacco is still the #1 legal cash crop of the state and is still VERY labor intensive to produce. And Lincoln was born in KY, no matter what you hear from the "Land of Lincoln" (IN) or Illinois, he is one of us!

Is the BG plant the only GM plant to regularly operate tours?

My point was, Delaware is Southern. I can't answer the plant tour thing since I work for Opel, so my focus is not North America, anymore, but everywhere else these days.

My point was, Delaware is Southern.

No, Delaware is a Mid Atlantic state. I very much doubt to many people from Delaware would consider themselves Southern. Just because members of a state supported the Confederacy doesn't make them Southern.

I can't answer the plant tour thing since I work for Opel, so my focus is not North America, anymore, but everywhere else these days.

Well does Opel offer plant tours?

Also just a small aside question: are the Opels sold in Mexico and Central/South America made in Europe or in the Americas?

Guest YellowJacket894

Since GMTruckGuy does own a Sky ... what the hell.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now, how much you wanna bet he's already seen those in his nifty book on the Solstice? :P

Anyway, good luck on repairing your Sky GMTruckGuy.

Edited by YellowJacket894

PCS, it arrived in yesterday's mail. I would have posted this sooner, but my computer at home is on the fritz and I'm afraid my hard-drive has crashed again, so no computer use until I get to work. The sticker is exactly what I was looking for. Pretty smart putting my address for the return address! Thanks again for all your help and efforts to get me this sticker.

I am guessing Mr. Custom-S has made it possible for Mr. GMTG74 to have a reprint of his doorjamb sticker. Good going!

Close... the plant's sticker. Supposedly the service writer got me the doorjam & tire inflation stickers. With work and family responsibilities, I have yet to have the chance to get back there with the SKY (when the weather does cooperate, I'm too busy tooling around in it and not at the dealership!). The plant sticker - you all know what I mean, the one that states where the vehicle was manufactured at - was not obtainable by the dealership. PCS came through for me. I agree with Camino here that this definitely puts a BIG PLUS in PCS column.

Since GMTruckGuy does own a Sky ... what the hell.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now, how much you wanna bet he's already seen those in his nifty book on the Solstice? :P

Anyway, good luck on repairing your Sky GMTruckGuy.

I've seen some of them, but not all. Pretty cool and thanks for posting them here.

99% of the repairs have been done so far, just the three stickers, a passenger side rear inner-fender liner, and re-alignment of the rear bumper needs to get done. I need to set some time aside next week to get these issues resolved with the dealership. Of course if anyone saw the car they'd think I was crazy, but it's my baby and I know these areas still need attention.

I'm entering the SKY into it's first car show on Sat, May 5. It's a local one with all kinds of cars being accepted (I'll be in the Special Interest category). I believe if any trophies are awarded, it's by peer judging (not saying I'm expecting to receive one, but there's no hard-core judges doing the job). I think it will be cool to show her off. She needs a bath though before she goes on display!

You know, in my frequent travels between home in southern DE and school in Philly, I've always wondered where this plant even is. Can't be too far from my path, but the only other plant I actually have seen is the Chrysler plant in Newark.

It's too bad they don't seem to have a normal tour schedule, but really cool that the owner's groups can set such a thing up.

You know, in my frequent travels between home in southern DE and school in Philly, I've always wondered where this plant even is. Can't be too far from my path, but the only other plant I actually have seen is the Chrysler plant in Newark.

It's too bad they don't seem to have a normal tour schedule, but really cool that the owner's groups can set such a thing up.

Exit 4 on I-95 Northbound or Southbound, head for 141 North towards, Newport, stay in the right hand lane, exit the Boxwood Rd exit about 1/2 mile after Newport. The plant will be at the 1st intersection towards the right.