Road Test: 2007 Sierra Denali

As I mentioned in a first drive review of the Heavy Duty Sierra and Chevrolet Silverado, the updated interior in GM’s new pickups is first class. All the gaps are tight and the plastic and rubber materials have nice surface textures and tactile feel. Even my father-in-law, a converted import car fan after losing faith in the domestics during the 1970s and 80s, was won over by the inside of the Denali, repeatedly comparing it to Lexus in quality and fitment.

:pokeowned: Send the good word people. Those hallucinated wanderers will come back.

GMC has a winner in the Sierra Denali. It’s unique, very capable, and good looking. Expensive – yep, but this is a special edition pickup that’s meant to provide that extra reward and satisfaction to buyers willing to pay its premium. Owners are going to love driving this rig.

That sums it all. I always love and admire the Denali line of trucks and this makes me want one.

It is pretty, but I wish it came in a configuration other than that damn short box. They must have forgot that some people still use a pickup for what they were originally intended for....hauling stuff. Must not be many people who want to look fancy and haul stuff.

Looks very sharp, tho it also looks higher than the prev gen. Not sure if that's photo angles of suspension changes, but I'd like to see it lowered.

>>"There’s been considerable gnashing of teeth from domestic pickup fans because Toyota’s remade 2007 Tundra was the first and only half-ton to offer a six-speed automatic gearbox and the most powerful gas engine in a standard duty pickup."<<

No; there wasn't. Any fan of a GM truck that valued rated HP so highly would merely modify their GM for more- the aftermarket makes this a breeze. No GM fan bought a tundra just because it was rated a few HP more.

>>"the Sierra Denali consistently ran 14.8-second quarter mile times at 93.9 miles per hour during three runs at Old Bridge Township Park Raceway in New Jersey."<<

That's my home track. Thought it looked familar in the opening pic. Spring Swap Meet this weekend: 8 miles of walking, a mile of show cars, come on down for a good, hot, greasy, rusty time.