Extremely clean Celebrity Eurosport (pics)

I was driving home today from Des Moines to go to some high school graduations and stopped in Stuart to get something to eat. Parked at the McDonald's was this Celebrity Eurosport coupe in pristine shape...I don't think I've ever seen one of these cars without some sort of fatal rust holes in the door. Either this was formerly a grandma car or the owner is just gave it a lot of TLC, but it's something you don't see very often...a Celebrity that actually looks good!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by mustang84

• 3 weeks later...

Celebrity.

these cars introduced me to GM durability.

I had two of these cars (well, one really). I had an 85 2.5L sedan and my mom had an 83 2.5L Sedan... these cars were tanks in the snow.

As for the coupe, i had such a woody for the coupe... it had to be 2.8L, 4speed standard, 14" X-11 wheels and in BLACK.

:o)

Does anyone remember the Celebrity VR?

Scott

VR?

I remember my friends having those...all quite dependable. :thumbsup:

You could get 200k if you took just decent care of it...

I'd love one as a beater, but most are already junkyard art.

If I found one like that-I would garage it drive it like a classic...they are not that far off...

I remember that car. The car magazines drove it back then. It was so interesting how Celebrity VR and Eurosport were so different from 6000 STE and Ciera GT and Century T- Type. If GM had updated those cars and changed them with the times, These would be the Accords and Camry's today.

It was the right formula and package. It is funny how the W- Bodies squeezed in and took their place and then how the W Bodies put the squeeze on the H Bodies. Now the W Bodies are still here.

All the other ones gone. Now the W Bodies are about to become Epsilon 2.

If anyone notice, the Celebrity and Century shared the same quarter window. The 6000 and Ciera shared the same one too. The thing is you knew they were all from the same family of cars, but they did not look like each other. My favorites were Ciera and the 6000 STE. That 6000 STE was so close to the Bonneville SSE in 1988 and 1989 in terms of features and options. That was the last time you saw a Pontiac with digital gauges outside the new for 1988 Grand Prix. No one noticed but the 6000 and Celebrity never offered the 3.8 liter V6, but Oldsmobile and Buick did.

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY