2008 Malibu Trunk Size

The Family Magazine out of Jersey said it was a 3 dead body trunk in their test.

From the one I just saw next to the Impala it has to be as large as a Aura if not a little bigger.

I was amazed how it was nearly as large of a car as the present Impala.

Edited by hyperv6

The Family Magazine out of Jersey said it was a 3 dead body trunk in their test.

From the one I just saw next to the Impala it has to be as large as a Aura if not a little bigger.

I was amazed how it was nearly as large of a car as the present Impala.

The new Malibu is that much bigger?

The new Malibu is that much bigger?

I was able to see both the Impala , New Malibu and old Malibu at the Nascar truck race in Mansfield. The new Bu and Impala were side by side so they were easy to compare. The old Bu was over a few cars but really let you know what kind of a improvment the new car was.

Just by the eye the new Malibu looks longer and wider than the old Malibu.

Compared to the Impala the length is shorter. It looks like from the A pillar back it is near the same as the Impala with the Malibu sporting a shorter nose.

It also looks just a little narrower but not by much.

I had seen the new Malibu was to take the Impalas FWD place and the RWD would only be a few inches bigger. Chevy would be simply offering two cars to cover any wish or need in nearly the same size class.

I know the G8 is not much different in size as my 04 GP.

Either way Chevy has all their bases covered on this one. If gas prices kill the RWD sales they will not be holding a empy bag. And if the RWD takes off they will not be like Ford with no options.

Edited by hyperv6

Seeing how the new, bigger 08 Malibu with a longer wheelbase, greater length and width actually has LESS rear seat headroom, legroom and front/rear shoulder room compared to the old antiquated 04-07 style, I wouldn't count on any miracles for trunk space from the current cars 15.4 cu.ft.