Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

This subgroup was necessary

Asian Marques forum was disgustingly all-Toyota-all-the-time. Made it a bore and snore to read about nothing but Camrys, Prii, and Tundras everytime I came in.

This is a welcome relief.

Asian Marques forum was disgustingly all-Toyota-all-the-time. Made it a bore and snore to read about nothing but Camrys, Prii, and Tundras everytime I came in.

This is a welcome relief.

I don't think the Asian Marquees needed or deserved their own subgroups. I don't care about Asian cars enough to open up every subgroup. I'll probably just avoid reading about all the Asian cars in the future.

Thanks. I like the subgroup. Now I know to hold my nose and get my bull$h! repellant out when I open the Toyota Motor Corporation heading. It saves the wrenching of the stomach. :P

i strongly prefer they stay all under one. i don't like this breaking it out stuff

why do we sort them by 'asian' or 'german'?

if we're gonna subcategorize, let's just make it EASY and have one forum wth GM, the 8-10 brands, and the other non GM forum and give a subgroup to each brand and not have it classified by geography? i have going through an extra page. its almost a guarantee to never look at some brand's forums.

I hate Toyota with a passion. And what is the point of this sub-group?

Keep in mind, guys, this is not 'recognition' or 'glorification' of Toyota; simply organizing the overwhelming Toyota news that people DO have an interest in into one forum. You can clearly see that the number of Toyota articles was rather extremely large and took up a huge portion of the Asian Marques forum. This makes it easier to get through that clutter and focus on the other brands you have more of an interest in and makes it easier to avoid reading news you don't care about if you so choose.

Fly, I could care less but was just confused about the way it was stated before your cleared it up. I would say alot of Toyota bashing is done around here, and it is deserved and good. It always makes me feel better to dog on Toyota.

Consider this forum the Dog Pound. ;)

Whats funny is the the Toyota/Honda people say the exact same thing, "I hate GM/Ford and I love to rip on them" type stuff. Guess what, neither side is right and neither side is wrong, its all based on personal preference and perception, which is what makes the constant Toyota bashing so f@#king annoying.

Keep in mind, guys, this is not 'recognition' or 'glorification' of Toyota; simply organizing the overwhelming Toyota news that people DO have an interest in into one forum. You can clearly see that the number of Toyota articles was rather extremely large and took up a huge portion of the Asian Marques forum. This makes it easier to get through that clutter and focus on the other brands you have more of an interest in and makes it easier to avoid reading news you don't care about if you so choose.

and its one more page to have to go through to find headers.

Keep in mind, guys, this is not 'recognition' or 'glorification' of Toyota; simply organizing the overwhelming Toyota news that people DO have an interest in into one forum. You can clearly see that the number of Toyota articles was rather extremely large and took up a huge portion of the Asian Marques forum.

That was my point. It was getting rather obnoxious.

This is the boring, snobbish, Supra-free, Celica-free, MR2-free Toyota of today I'm talking about, not the more exciting 80s and 90s. This is the appliance-making Japanese car company the French warned us about. Most nothing they're doing is really newsworthy right now to me.