Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Day of suckage

The road trip to Tulsa set me back in terms of the amount of money I had, a which in tern made my loan payment for last month lat (school loans). This day started off quite good, with Sixty8 finally being able o drop off the LeSabre for safe keeping, and us being able to kill the hornet's nest in the Caravan's hatch (starter fluid, as I have learned, is awesome at killing the bastards). We were even able to move it up the driveway so another car could finally fit behind it. He also got a tour of the many, many Mopar parts that have collected in the garage, as well as being able to see the `Cuda's in the flesh. All was going well...

I had to get money from working before I could make the payment. This morning I had enough and planned to make the payment. After Sixty8 dropped off the car, I went online and paid the bill. A few minutes later as the messages on the answering machine are being checked I found out that my dad has made the payment for this month and the one I owed (he's the cosigner, so he can technically do it). The problem is that he neglected to discuss this with me sooner, so now I have to make phone calls back and for to him and the loan office to straighten the mess out. Long story short, I had to call work to tell them I would be late, which I was by a half hour. I had had to get this straightened out after all.

I get to work, at which point I am promptly chewed out by my boss about being late. I've been asking for more hours, he gives me some and cuts the other guy's hours, and then I come in late. Explaining it is useless, it's my fault no buts about it.

So, I'm pissed, and more than just a little. When I get my first set of deliveries I go out to the car and get in, turn it on, pull out into the street. The other delivery guy and one of the co-workers (who's family with the boss) were out there by his car. I drop the clutch, open the throttle wide open, and to my surprise (and delight), I actually do a small burnout. I mean, it's nothing like what say a Hemi Charger or a V8 Mustang would do, but I didn't think the little Prizm had enough power to spin the tires enough to leave a trail of burned rubber and smoke...but it did. When I got to the next street, I did it again, and one more time later that night. It's immature, noisy, and an ever so satisfying way to blow off steam.

Needless to say, they noticed. When I got back, my mom and brother were eating there. My mom, who was present when this loan fiasco was going on, may have told my boss about it (because it pissed her off and they're friends). Either way, no one really talked to me for the rest of the day. I'm sure you could feel the aura of anger that surrounded me.

To make the day even better, I ended up with a lot less in tips than I thought I was gonna get. To top it all off, on my way back from my last delivery (at about 10pm), I was going about 45 up the road, when out of the darkness I see a skunk and 2 babies crossing the street in my lane. I have to slam on the breaks, and end up stopping just in front of them...I don't think I hit them because there was nothing on the car when I checked...it was hard to tell at that moment since a car was right behind me and his damn highbeams were blinding, so I had to go, hoping they had ran off the road by then. Needless to say, I scared at least one of them, and I could smell the fear.

That was my day, how was yours?

Pretty normal though getting used to my dad not being here is very hard. So sometimes I think about him quite a bit. Being as I live with my parents this is even harder since I have seen him nearly every day of my life. I guess I should be greatful that for having cancer he didnt suffer long. Ok, enough about that.

Yesterday I up and called work (I work in a restaurant kitchen) only to find out they didn't even need me in for another six hours, so I just kinda hung out for the time being. When I got to work I was soon pleasantly surprised that all the really pretty waitresses (who are, to my delight, all about my age) were working. God help me I'm such a sucker for a pretty girl...I don't usually help anyone with their cleanup jobs, as I'm too busy with mine, but damn it all, I just couldn't help myself.

Edited by AxelTheRed

Well the last few days of my life I was up in Traverse City, Interlochen State Park, and the Sleeping Bear Dunes (all in Northern Michigan). Beautiful area and lots of nature to see. On the way back, I met up with a Mach 1 going down I75. I had my trunk completely packed with four people in the car and still beat the Mach 1 from about 70-120 with about a car's length between us. I thought it was pretty damn sweet, especially since my buddy had been admiring the Mach 1 since we saw it at a rest area a few miles back.

So you're going into photography? Is it gonna be a business or just a hobby?

Its just a hobby, I've been in photography most of my life, just haven't had space and equipment for a darkroom since moving to Missouri. The first thing I did after buying my parent's house was to set up Alex's room, I was going to follow with a darkroom, which is going in the master bathroom, since its almost never used anymore.