Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

`76 LeSabre Daytime photos

15 posts in this topic

::WARNING!! NOT 56K FRIENDLY (SORRY BV)::

This afternoon I took out the Buick once more to get some daytime photos...dust really...it was horribly hot and humid today...so it was the best time to not bake.

As I mentioned before, the car's really temperamental on cold starts. I had it pulled into the driveway, so I started it and backed out...then it stalled on me while I was crooked and facing up on the hill...probably a funny sight for the couple cars that went by. Basically it took about 10 minutes of sitting there with my foot gently on the gas to warm her up. Once she was warmed up she was fine...probably needs a carburetor rebuild or at least a good tune.

I also put some gas in her..since she was rather low...you owe me 6 bucks Fly :P

So here we go, a buttload more photos. i tried to get the imperfections so you've got a clear idea what needs work. She's very solid, but definitely needs some TLC.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Dodgefan

A thread with 86 pics is basically a fat FU to us 56K'ers, you know.

Not to knock Fly's new machine, but IMO, the mid '70s are so very disappointing for what they are in contrast to a mere 10 years earlier.

A thread with 86 pics is basically a fat FU to us 56K'ers, you know.

Not to knock Fly's new machine, but IMO, the mid '70s are so very disappointing for what they are in contrast to a mere 10 years earlier.

Yeah I know...but I have broadband so I care not :P

Plus, I'm very thorough :D

As for the car...for what it is it's still sweet, and it is a hardtop!

6 bucks gets you.... half a block?

A whole 10 miles!

...or so

Edited by Dodgefan

Well, I know the right fender is from an Electra Limited...

Posted Image

Is that clown next to the car? o_O?

Lookin' good .... even with the "quirks" ;).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"A concrete fascination scraping the edge of nothing" ... White Zombie ... 'Black Sunshine'

I agree

It'd be cool to find a proper fender. There are companies that make those rubber bumper fillers, the sun really breaks those down. The silver detailing on the taillight lenses can easily be painted back on, it would really spiff them up. Surface rust on underhood components, could that indicate long stints in a humid, cool garage, causing lots of condensation? Makes me think it was driven only short distances, preventing air circulation and underhood heat which would have maybe kept it more dry under there.

She's a sweet old gal, she'll be nice to cruise around in. B-bodies are just effortless drivers, made for this big ol' country of ours, and nothing could top them.

Edited by ocnblu

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room