YAY!

Yeah, my comp crashed last night...Finally got it fixed...but not just fixed, oh no no no no no.

Basically it "crashed" because I messed with the setup....see ever since I had to format my HD from an evil SOB virus, the computer has been performing sub-par compared to what it used to. Flash vids and games had to be on lowest quality and they still lagged, and my games would like a lot when I had the settings way up. I knew this couldn't be right. For a couple months now I've ignored it...but the fact that I have a $500 gfx card in here and it performs about what my old machine was doing is just unacceptable. So I decided, on the suggestion of a friend, to check the memory clock timings. I've never messed with it before, so I set it everything to default, figuring I;d go fro,m there.

BIG MISTAKE

Basically, it wouldn't get to the windows load screen...and the error it was giving me was something I couldn't understand and found nothing about online. Today I sent an email to FOXCONN (makers of my mobo) with the exact (and long) error. I wasn't expecting a reply back for like 2 or 3 days and I was half expecting it to be useless info...but when I got home tonight I had an email waiting for me with instructions what to do. I followed them, set my memory clocks to what they should be (5 5 5 12 2) and BAM! SO much faster now! It's liek what it should be.

Basically, when I set it to default it set everything to default, and the boot priorities got messed up. This is what they told me and told me what I should set them to be. Now it works, now I can play my games with no lag at max settings, and enjoy the best newgrounds can throw at me, high quality and lag free. Best of all, it was a learning experience for me.

It is a VERY good night ^_^

Yeah, my comp crashed last night...Finally got it fixed...but not just fixed, oh no no no no no.

Basically it "crashed" because I messed with the setup....see ever since I had to format my HD from an evil SOB virus, the computer has been performing sub-par compared to what it used to. Flash vids and games had to be on lowest quality and they still lagged, and my games would like a lot when I had the settings way up. I knew this couldn't be right. For a couple months now I've ignored it...but the fact that I have a $500 gfx card in here and it performs about what my old machine was doing is just unacceptable. So I decided, on the suggestion of a friend, to check the memory clock timings. I've never messed with it before, so I set it everything to default, figuring I;d go fro,m there.

BIG MISTAKE

Basically, it wouldn't get to the windows load screen...and the error it was giving me was something I couldn't understand and found nothing about online. Today I sent an email to FOXCONN (makers of my mobo) with the exact (and long) error. I wasn't expecting a reply back for like 2 or 3 days and I was half expecting it to be useless info...but when I got home tonight I had an email waiting for me with instructions what to do. I followed them, set my memory clocks to what they should be (5 5 5 12 2) and BAM! SO much faster now! It's liek what it should be.

Basically, when I set it to default it set everything to default, and the boot priorities got messed up. This is what they told me and told me what I should set them to be. Now it works, now I can play my games with no lag at max settings, and enjoy the best newgrounds can throw at me, high quality and lag free. Best of all, it was a learning experience for me.

It is a VERY good night ^_^

Better than sex? :smilewide:

How come?

Well, I had my car taken to a mechanic Wednesday and today I got it back. Turns out the problem is the distributor, which costs $400 appearantly. Not exactly cheap and considering I need tires ($200+), suspension link ($300), and front brakes ($100) before August. Suddenly driving my Milly doesn't seem all that viable and I'm in a sticky situation needing a car to get a job. I need atleast $400 put into my Millenia before it can be driveable. Just my luck... When I actually try to get a job, my car decides to quit on me. I'm going to try to look at what options I have as I really dont want to just give up on my Millenia like with my Grand Am.

Well, I had my car taken to a mechanic Wednesday and today I got it back. Turns out the problem is the distributor, which costs $400 appearantly. Not exactly cheap and considering I need tires ($200+), suspension link ($300), and front brakes ($100) before August. Suddenly driving my Milly doesn't seem all that viable and I'm in a sticky situation needing a car to get a job. I need atleast $400 put into my Millenia before it can be driveable. Just my luck... When I actually try to get a job, my car decides to quit on me. I'm going to try to look at what options I have as I really dont want to just give up on my Millenia like with my Grand Am.

Yeah you shouldn't give up on the car...besides it's far nicer than the GA ever way...you should look into junkyards or finding a parts car that's been wreched or has other problems but has good parts you need and buy it for cheap....or something.

Well darn it, Vipes, I feel for ya, but Japanese cars have traditionally been very expensive to fix. Another reason to drive a domestic. Hope it works out for you.

Good going, Dodgefan, sir.

I am sorry Black Viper.. I feel you on that. Just remember you still have to move forward and not look back. You still have to get a job. These are stumbling blocks on the way to your goal. What you do determines how things turn out. The car does not determine your fate. It could be worse where you have to get a whole new engine like I do.

Ocnblu is correct. It costs more to repair imports. People do not realize this until it costs them something.

And good for you Dodge Fan. Back online and back on track.

Better than sex? :smilewide:

God I hope not, otherwise you're not doping something right... :P

The Camaro concept, my B-59 & a White Diamond EXT combined

are still no match for getting hot & naked with the girl you love.

Wait, let me get this straight. You'd give up Camaro concept, your sweet ass B-59, and a White Diamond EXT for the four seconds of you being "hot & naked with the girl you love?"

God I hope not, otherwise you're not doping something right... :P

*sighs*

I'm still waiting to find this out...............

Anyway ... glad to know something is going right for ya, Dodgefan :).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"An open road and a road that's hidden" ... Steve Wariner ... 'Brand New Life'