Decisions decisions decisions

If you have a decision (major or minor doesn't matter) that you need to make and you've done all of the "pros and cons" lists, etc. ... and still neither side jumps out as the "better" decision ... how do decide? What do you DO to decide? Yeah, I know "give it time" is one answer ... but, what if you feel that you don't have much time to decide?

Notice I indicated "better" decision ... as opposed to the "right" decision. Many times a "right" decision doesn't really exist. Even "better" doesn't cut it, because what is "better" for you in your eyes may not be what really IS "better" for you...if that makes any sense.

*sighs*

Yes, I'm being cryptic and not making much sense, but I bet people know what I mean anyway.... I just have a few decisions that really SHOULD be made ... and the sooner the better. I've reviewed the pros/cons, etc., and still haven't made up my mind...one way or another.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I'm taking a chance" ... Lifehouse ... 'First Time'

Sometimes discussing what you're trying to decide about would help you learn new pros and cons you hadn't thought of to help you make a better choice. Or at least feel more comfortable with the one you're choosing.

You're making perfect sense.

Decision-making is one of my weak points, especially when neither side seems the more "suitable" choice. With no knowledge of the situation you're in (and as cliche as it may sound), all I can tell you to do is to go with your gut.

I often find that the decision that seems more difficult to make is in fact the "better" decision. As tough as it is, sometimes you simply have to let go of whatever causes you to hesitate and go with the option that feels right. In the end, as long as you stay true to yourself, you won't be dissapointed.

You're making perfect sense.

Decision-making is one of my weak points, especially when neither side seems the more "suitable" choice. With no knowledge of the situation you're in (and as cliche as it may sound), all I can tell you to do is to go with your gut.

I often find that the decision that seems more difficult to make is in fact the "better" decision. As tough as it is, sometimes you simply have to let go of whatever causes you to hesitate and go with the option that feels right. In the end, as long as you stay true to yourself, you won't be dissapointed.

Same here... Agreed.

I am feeling pretty old lately which leads me to think that my opinions must be wise. :lol2: If you are making a list of pros and cons it is very normal to put too much emphasis on the pros and shine off the cons. Your decision needs to be just the opposite of that.

Here is a one example. Several years ago I had to go cross country and sell my recently departed brother's home, figure out what to do with two huge dogs, and two teenage children all in a couple of days. Instead of making the house a shinning example of curb appeal, I tackled the worst aspects of the house. I cleaned up the dog $h! and scraped and painted the garage door. Long before the perspective buyer got to the mediocre bathroom condition they had been greeted by an innocuous but fresh garage door. It sold in less than a day for above the asking price.

When I applied for my first full time professional job I entered into a competition with a superior candidate who had recently graduated from the prestigious California Institute of Technology (they look down on MIT). My proposal was uninspiring but attainable. It had no negatives. The job was mine.

Make sure you put sufficient emphasis on the negatives of your choice/decision and the very best of luck to you.

I am feeling pretty old lately which leads me to think that my opinions must be wise. :lol2: If you are making a list of pros and cons it is very normal to put too much emphasis on the pros and shine off the cons. Your decision needs to be just the opposite of that.

Here is a one example. Several years ago I had to go cross country and sell my recently departed brother's home, figure out what to do with two huge dogs, and two teenage children all in a couple of days. Instead of making the house a shinning example of curb appeal, I tackled the worst aspects of the house. I cleaned up the dog $h! and scraped and painted the garage door. Long before the perspective buyer got to the mediocre bathroom condition they had been greeted by an innocuous but fresh garage door. It sold in less than a day for above the asking price.

When I applied for my first full time professional job I entered into a competition with a superior candidate who had recently graduated from the prestigious California Institute of Technology (they look down on MIT). My proposal was uninspiring but attainable. It had no negatives. The job was mine.

Make sure you put sufficient emphasis on the negatives of your choice/decision and the very best of luck to you.

I agree with that...