Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flybrian

Chicago Air Show: Lockheed F-22 Raptor

9 posts in this topic

Never doubt the capabilites of the American aerospace industry.

Naturally, manuvering capabilities, not supercruise. But keep in mind this demo was done with a full weapons and fuel load. Check out the little backflip at 2:40. Maybe they should call it the OutFlanker.

To quote Cutis LeMay, "If we maintain our faith in God, love of freedom, and superior global air power, the future [of the US] looks good."

If only we had machines like the Raptor during the golden age of dogfighting... I want to see a Raptor vs. Firkin or Flatpack, but that will probably never happen unless Russia is really serious with its re-militarization.

Why must the quote throw in religious overtones when it is not needed? <_<

Anyway, the low speed maneuverability is very very impressive...it's is truly a marvel of technology and far ahead of any fighter in service.

One thing the Japan will never to be able to brag about is that they build better planes. :AH-HA_wink:

Uh...what?

Considering that Thomas Jefferson (easily the most liberal founding father and generally credited with the first use of the now infamous "separation of church and state) uses the phrase "endowed by our creator" and "the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them" in the Declaration of Independence; It sounds a lot like God was part of the early process of the U.S. to me. No, they never intended it to be a Theocracy but God was certainly on their minds. Also Congress starts each day with a prayer, and trust me, they need all the help they can get! :P

My father did a lot of work on the F-22's engines for the U.S. Navy/Department of Defense. It's an amazing piece, to be sure.

Considering that Thomas Jefferson (easily the most liberal founding father and generally credited with the first use of the now infamous "separation of church and state) uses the phrase "endowed by our creator" and "the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them" in the Declaration of Independence; It sounds a lot like God was part of the early process of the U.S. to me. No, they never intended it to be a Theocracy but God was certainly on their minds. Also Congress starts each day with a prayer, and trust me, they need all the help they can get! :P

:word:

The F-22 is a beautiful aircraft. Those maneuvers are amazing. A lesser plane would be a pile of flaming rubble on that airfield.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0