2008 CTS on e-bay

ClassyEldo

We'll probably see every dealer trying to get sticker on these for a while. Hopefully GM gets more of the pie when the dealer gets sticker. I really dislike dealers (sorry if I offend any of the C&G'ers. Just being honest.)

just saw three at a local dealer. I was impressed when I came close to the cars, the details are fantastic. The extremely exaggerated fenders really work well and dress up the sides and add to the sportiness of the character. The grille looks great up close, as does the detail in the headlights. The further I kept getting away from it the more the new Cadillac didn't looks so fresh or so attention-getting. With a rear end shaped too much like a DTS, sides that looked no different from an STS, and an old hat face up front that is a little too familiar. I think the problem with keeping such a bold front end for so long, is it's very memorable easily noticeable and likeable and therefore can also get tired soon.

But up close, the car was remarkable. The details really help; those massive fender flares recall Sixteen so much, and there are really a lot more subtle details from that car. The plumped up sheetmetal, the protruding leading edge sheetmetal from the front to the back that recalls almost a ship-like feel, the nice taillamps, the sidew creases that are more subtle and closer to the beltline. A lot of nice effects when you're up close to the car, and I guess I have to say that's really what matters, the close up effect. I hope the grille will be enough to get the stoplight can't stop staring effect the original CTS had [it probably won't be, for that Caddy would have had to reinvent the face].

Did anyone notice the black car on e-bay features a different rear roof mounted antenna? It looks much better than the short, pointy one on so many of the earlier photos. Will they all come with this OnStar antenna? Can it be color-matched to the various colors? Either way, it is a subtle, but big, improvement, in my opinion. Nice work, GM (& Cadillac)!

Damn.... we don't have one yet. :(

We do have not one but TWO Cobalt Sport Coupes, one with the 5-speed (2.4HO)

just saw three at a local dealer. I was impressed when I came close to the cars, the details are fantastic. The extremely exaggerated fenders really work well and dress up the sides and add to the sportiness of the character. The grille looks great up close, as does the detail in the headlights. The further I kept getting away from it the more the new Cadillac didn't looks so fresh or so attention-getting. With a rear end shaped too much like a DTS, sides that looked no different from an STS, and an old hat face up front that is a little too familiar. I think the problem with keeping such a bold front end for so long, is it's very memorable easily noticeable and likeable and therefore can also get tired soon.

But up close, the car was remarkable. The details really help; those massive fender flares recall Sixteen so much, and there are really a lot more subtle details from that car. The plumped up sheetmetal, the protruding leading edge sheetmetal from the front to the back that recalls almost a ship-like feel, the nice taillamps, the sidew creases that are more subtle and closer to the beltline. A lot of nice effects when you're up close to the car, and I guess I have to say that's really what matters, the close up effect. I hope the grille will be enough to get the stoplight can't stop staring effect the original CTS had [it probably won't be, for that Caddy would have had to reinvent the face].

The trick to "staying relevent" and NOT being "out there" is subtle but substantial changes with each model year. Let's not lose the "16" look while adding the quality features and design touches that scream "Cadillac."

Which dealer was this?

Which dealer was this?

casa de cadillac sherman oaks

I don't know if anyone noticed I tried to embed my negativity deep in the positivity of the post. My gut feeling is that the details aren't enough to really create a craze, like I feel the first one created.

I don't know if anyone noticed I tried to embed my negativity deep in the positivity of the post. My gut feeling is that the details aren't enough to really create a craze, like I feel the first one created.

I noticed it. I think the '08 CTS can create momentum much like the '03 did, but this time the DTS/STS has to capitalize on that momentum. Hopefully the BRX and a possible BTS will do the same afterwards. Those will eventually drive Cadillac's success further, as being a one-wonder-model brand won't work in establishing itself as GM's top brand worldwide. Assuming GM wants that to happen.