Sign in to follow this  
Flybrian

GM Announces 2008 Malibu Pricing!

:rolleyes:

Protecting Impala isn't on the agenda, that car is on its way out.

They're gonna move the Impala upmarket to compete with 300 and Charger

if i recall on some website that posts real world mpg from users, the aura hybrid got notably better mpg than the buff books did.

imagine if the BU had an available 4 cyl turbo diesel with stick or dsg.

now THAT, my friends, would be SAWEET.

Edited by regfootball

Wait wait wait... what's the price of the 4-cylinder LTZ?

There is no 4-cylinder LTZ. You can get a well-optioned 4-cylinder 2LT, although it won't have the climate control, accent lighting, leather (suede is better anyway), 8-way power driver seat, power passenger seat, fog lights, chrome door handles, heated auto-dimming mirror, silver grille, 18" wheels, LED tails, and TAPshift of the LTZ.

There is no 4-cylinder LTZ. You can get a well-optioned 4-cylinder 2LT, although it won't have the climate control, accent lighting, leather (suede is better anyway), 8-way power driver seat, power passenger seat, fog lights, chrome door handles, heated auto-dimming mirror, silver grille, 18" wheels, LED tails, and TAPshift of the LTZ.

The 4-cyl 6-spd auto LTZ won't arrive until next Spring. I'm sure pricing will be released closer to availability.

Chevrolet Malibu Press Release:

Four-cylinder-equipped models come with a four-speed transmission with overdrive. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard with the 3.6L V-6 and will be available next spring on the four-cylinder-equipped LTZ – the first four-cylinder engine/six-speed transmission combination in the segment.

The 4-cyl 6-spd auto LTZ won't arrive until next Spring. I'm sure pricing will be released closer to availability.

Chevrolet Malibu Press Release:

Excellent... 18" wheels really make the car.

GM needed to sell cars with more features for the SAME price as competitor's vehicles with less features. Its what Toyota did for years.

GM needed to sell cars with more features for the SAME price as competitor's vehicles with less features. Its what Toyota did for years.

Throughout the 1990s Toyotas were more expensive than the domestic competiton but had less power and less features (Lexus didn't even get dual-zone climate control until 1997 let alone Toyota vehicles) with many of the available features requiring dealer installation.

I remember reading several articles discussing mid 1990's Camries and Corollas in comparison tests that were technically "strippers" that just "felt" more expensive than they were.

Anyone disappointed with the 3.6 engine fuel economy? 17 MPG in city versus 19 MPG for the Accord, and that's with an extra gear. Does Accord's V6 require premium?

Just to put a little sense of perspective here, the Malibu was not a '70s and early '80s volume success because it had 18" wheels or an 18 speed transmission: it was a success because it was roomy, rode decently, was priced right, got decent gas mileage and fit the most family's budgets in a time when larger vehicles were waning.

Choice is great, but GM needs to be careful about a $30k Malibu: that is Allure and Impala territory. Let the new G-6 have 18" wheels and focus the Malibu on being the best mid-size family hauler out there in a time when the SUV/minivan markets are trembling. Market the hell out of that, and GM will have a sales success, without having to fleet them out.

Just to put a little sense of perspective here, the Malibu was not a '70s and early '80s volume success because it had 18" wheels or an 18 speed transmission: it was a success because it was roomy, rode decently, was priced right, got decent gas mileage and fit the most family's budgets in a time when larger vehicles were waning.

Trouble is.....those attributes alone are not enough to make it in today's market......GM needs to leapfrog the competition....not just match it (or in some cases <cough, cough...the interior quality>....not match the competition.)

Edited by The O.C.

The LTZ better be fully loaded. $27k is a lot if it's not considering it doesn't have NAV.

why doesnt the malibu use the same ohv 3.5/3.6 that goes in the impala...

The competition is using DOHC engines so you have to use DOHC engine too.

The competition is using DOHC engines so you have to use DOHC engine too.

... yea well the impala proved that DOHC isnt champion...

i dont know size dementions or power output, but i'm pretty sure it wins the hp/gallon war... but sometimes thats not the ultimate desire

The LTZ better be fully loaded. $27k is a lot if it's not considering it doesn't have NAV.

I agree, although many on this board would say "who needs nav when you have OnStar?"

... yea well the impala proved that DOHC isnt champion...

i dont know size dementions or power output, but i'm pretty sure it wins the hp/gallon war... but sometimes thats not the ultimate desire

The only thing the Impala proved is that fleets don't care what kind of engine is in there. Personally I have nothing against pushrod engines but the standards are set by the market leaders.

The only thing the Impala proved is that fleets don't care what kind of engine is in there. Personally I have nothing against pushrod engines but the standards are set by the market leaders.

:pokeowned:

Bump.

Spring is a month away, and still no word on the pricing of a 4-cylinder LTZ? Anyone know anything about this?

If you want a 2008 Malibu Hybrid (or AURA Green Line, for that matter), forget about it. Production will be limited to the hundreds, and most will be dealer "visual display units" in select cities. There will be zero inventory until June. Wait for model year 2009, when actual "planned production volume" begins. In software terms, think of the '08s as vaporware.

I was wondering why there weren't any green lines at Crowfoot Saturn all year last year...

I was wondering why there weren't any green lines at Crowfoot Saturn all year last year...

well sometimes, dealerships get to order what they think will sell

other times,

you get what GM distributes, and based on your area and your C.S.I. (Consumer Satisfaction Index) GM will give you what you order, or give you what they think you ought to have. if you have a good CSI score, you can choose whatever you want. if not, GM may throw the duds on the dealership. who knows where the fault lies, maybe the owner doesnt want to support the idea of hybrids.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 58 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook