#5 Michigan Wolverines

regfootball

this is so cool!!!!!!!!!!! this pretty much F's Michigan's season from the get go!!!!!!!!!

how the hell will any of those players be able to hold their head up now for the rest of the season? time to pack it in, i think.

what a season opening B--CHSLAP!!!!!!!!!

Edited by regfootball

hahahaha i loved watching that game... and yes... if they start 0-4... it will make my life

wish I could have watched it...had a flash back moment though ( I am a Nittany Lion! ) I was watching the ESPN Scoreboard on the computer and refreshed it when they showed 26 seconds on the board - after the refresh it said 30 seconds! I could only yell NOT AGAIN! I thought they had it at the end when they marched to the 20 yard line with 6 seconds left. GLAD to see APP STATE pull it out!

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) -- What was supposed to be a tuneup turned into a stunner: Appalachian State 34, No. 5 Michigan 32.

Julian Rauch's 24-yard field goal with 26 seconds left Saturday put the Mountaineers ahead of the Wolverines and Corey Lynch blocked a field goal in the final seconds to seal one of college football's biggest upsets.

ADVERTISEMENT

"We're still sort of shocked," coach Jerry Moore said after being carried off the field by his players.

Article continues at link......

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap;_ylt=A...029&prov=ap

check out the other thread on this one already.....

Thanks.

I did.

I looked when I first posted, but did not see your thread until I had hit the add button.

I tried to delete and reported to mods.

Hopefully, this thread will be tossed.

By any chance are you an Ohio State fan? :)

This has got to hurt badly.

It will be interesting to see how Michigan responds.

Whether a fight back or all the fight is gone.

funny story... i go to ohio state... which is why this made my weekend haha

Oh my.... I heard about this on the radio this afternoon while I was waxing my '87 MC LS ... and I saw the highlight reel on the news tonight. Yet, still can't quite believe it ... he he.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I'm in a state of confusion, I hope things aren't what they seem" ... Travis Tritt ... 'Tell Me I Was Dreaming'

its kind of neat to see a fellow 1-AA team do this. my alma matter was ranked like 4th in 1AA last year but could not do the playoffs because of probationary period moving up from D2. But App st. is a great D1aa team, its fun to see them kick michigan. everyone hates michigan wolverines......except those that go there. same with the cornhuskers and notre dame.

watchin the game right now.....damn, michigan is not playing that badly. this app st. team, though, the QB, he's a player. whoa. arm, speed, quickness. dude is throwing some frickin bullets. the plays they are running hit the line quick and do not give the michigan d line enough time to penetrate and mess up the plays even. app st. has their crap together and look very well coached for an opener.

Edited by regfootball

Michigan loses 34-32 to APPALACHAIN ST>!!!!!!!!

SAWEET!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever, I always put sports behind academic rankings...you know me, I'm an a-hole that way. I am not a believer in what I call "sports theory." Instead, like statistics, each game is a discrete (sp) occurrence.

That must be a blow to their psyche. An employee of my last firm is at U of M right now doing an MBA, so he must be fuming. Regardless, I would have rather been a Wolverine than an Illini, but U of M doesn't reclass your residency status if you start out as out-of-state while U of I did (or does).

What happened with Oregon yesterday against Univ. of Houston....I happened to be in Eugene yesterday...that effed up Subaru jockey town...