Buick's Website is so cool

K.C.

Let me translate. They said LOL, we're kool and so are our Buick's and website and yours are not!

:rotflmao:

I was surfin the net tonight and googled the Chinese Buick's website. It's much cooler than the USA Buick website. I love how they created the skyscraper with the trishield symbol.

I like that skyscraper too. Also, there are tiny cars moving on the motorway. Loved the animation. Edited by ZL-1

This has been a topic that has killed me since the internet became popular.

Corporations seriously do not know how to handle the internet because when they try they come up with something like the American GM sites - all of them - which have to follow the same layout...

Why? Why would you insist that? A website can be clear and understandable yet unique and totally its own. This suggestion could go for all of the GM sites but specifically for Buick they could even have a better website than the Chinese Buick site... they can even have a better website than all or almost all other car companies sites if they really understood the power of the internet.

Say you're looking for a new car. You go to Buick.com or Pontiac.com and you're going to get virtually the same layout, and it's going to get boring quick. Especially if you're looking for, let's say, the Enclave in a color other than the overdone cocoa and you're going to have a hard time with that. That should be a cardinal sin but it's a fact right now on the website.

Now say Buick hires like 2 or 3 people to maintain their website and that is their only job. And let's say GM allows a decent level of autonomy to them. Easily we could have a design that surpasses the Enclave Buick site (which has the most web-based effort in it yet for American Buick.com) and it can easily surpass the design of the Chinese website too. And it can be updated ON TIME! (which they never are). Each car can have its own theme like the Enclave does now and this small group can even (and easily) take the effort of taking multiple real-life pictures (not that bad professional photos we all hate) of each color of the same car in one room. So if someone is interested in a white Enclave one of these people could get a hold of a white Enclave (since they work for GM) park it in a spot in a room and take pictures of it from all angles, and then do it with the cocoa one (same spot, same lighting, different color/style), and then with all the other colors. This would seriously pique people's desires on the internet because they can say "I want this exact vehicle in this exact color" and have real life photo to show people and to fantasize about as they mull it over in their head if they want it.

It's okay to have a theme like Buick does with the cocoa Enclave, but make sure the other colors are on the site and in real life pictures (preferably easily comparable by a single click) for those who are interested in the vehicle but not the promoted color. Buick could've lost sales already by people only seeing the cocoa and not being interested in it, and not ever even being exposed to any of the other colors, even when they did a brief search. Remember - the work should be on the companies end, you shouldn't have to hunt for a second color to the Enclave.

And the feature such as the LaCrosse and Lucerne have where you have all the colors lined up at the bottom and a blank vehicle above it does not give an accurate look as to the real color. It looks totally fake. With the power of the internet Buick (and GM) should take the time to have dedicated people bringing the cars, in all colors, right to our screens. Literally people would be able to point and click to their dream car in the right color and let the desire swell until they buy it. I have no desire for a LaCrosse that looks like it was colored with a red crayon.

Edited by Cananopie