HELP ...please

Okay, I need the help of someone more computer/windows XP savy then I am.

Somehow my computer wigged out the other day and I've had to do "system restore"... the problem is ever since then I have not been able to save JPG files off the net.

It will only let me save them in BMP format.

Can someone let me know how to fix this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Posted Image

I would go to Windows Update and download all required patches for your system. When you did the restore you may have wiped out some of the newer ones. Although...... I have a similar problem on my desktop at home (up to date), so I'm sort of in the same boat. I guess I can just download Firefox, but it'd be nice not to have a broken piece of software on my system, especially one that I can't get rid of.

That happens to me sometimes too when I'm saving pictures from certain websites. Simply, all you do is type .jpg after the file name (for example, if your file is camaro01.bmp, take out the .bmp and replace it with .jpg). Then it automatically converts it. That's all you do. Now, if it's doing it for every picture, then I'm not sure how you would fix that...but this way should still allow you to save as a jpeg. Edited by mustang84

You know... I noticed this on my Windows 98 computer. For me, its a bit different, but just as weird. When I do Yahoo picture searches and I go save the pic, it will only let me save it as '.bmp'. However, for the very same pic... if I save it off the actual website where the picture is hosted, I can save it as '.jpg'. I don't understand why... but maybe you have a similar problem, IDK.

Hmmm... I'll try typing jpg manually, but I thought it was a difertn file format. Will this actaully override the BMP format? :huh:

It happens when you internet cache is full. To empty it: From Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options... > and click the "Delete Files" button It may take a while depending on you computer's speed and how many files are in the cache. When it's empty, you should be able to save JPG as such automatically again.

It happens when you internet cache is full. To empty it:

From Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options... > and click the "Delete Files" button

[post="27821"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You're the man! Thank You I owe you one...

I've neglected to empty out the cache & delete cookies as of late.

Here's some visual treats, hope that mekes us even. http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons//AH-HA_wink.gif :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 1 year later...
Damnit... now I can NOT get my laptop to open up any extra windows on RIGHT CLICK -------> open link in new window. I just get that stupid "Booop" noise as if it was a popup but my pop-up blocker is off and I emptied my cache already. :huh:

Posted Image

I'll admit I'm a big fan of the "right-click" :spin: