Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oracle of Delphi

Doug Houlihan, As Global Vehicle chief engineer

7 posts in this topic

If you or any of your minions read this forum, why are you using the Pontiac Grand Prix GXP to benchmark the G8, when you said the the benchmark's would be MB, BMW, an Audi? Hmmmmmm? :rotflmao:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Maybe because they can look at the Grand Prix and see first hand how NOT to build a performance sedan?

Maybe because they can look at the Grand Prix and see first hand how NOT to build a performance sedan?

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

A little confused by this thread...but maybe it'll be clearer soon. I think we're missing one key detail, somewhere.

Well, we all know that different cars are used to benchmark different systems on a new car. Perhaps the GP was benchmarked for HVAC performance or something.

Well, we all know that different cars are used to benchmark different systems on a new car. Perhaps the GP was benchmarked for HVAC performance or something.

That will be quite a challenge, given that the G8 doesn't have the GP's 82 A/C vents.

Well, since the G8 is replacing the GP GXP, they are benchmarking it against it's predecessor...i.e. they are trying to improve relative to the past.... it's not like anyone is seriously going to consider a Pontiac a serious competitor against a German sports sedan--the benchmark really should be the Dodge Charger.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0