Worst Day Ever

Cory Wolfe

Ugh, it was the worst day ever. Thursday was a very good day for me, personally, and then comes Friday. It's like... Woah, WTF?! I was in Butler hanging out with a friend and I stayed the night, figuring I would just drive home in the morning. This all starts out with me getting very little sleep. Needless to say, I stayed up a bit later than I would have liked. Once half awake, I was ready to be on my way. Walking outside, I see the Cutlass has a flat tire, right as it starts to rain. Oh joy. So I went about all that. Got the jack out, tried to work the stupid thing (I have never used a more complicated jack than the one that came with the Cutlass, I swear), jack it up, loosen the nuts.... or so I hoped. Two lugs were nearly completely stripped which made a tire iron completely useless in trying to remove the damn things. *reminisces about the obscenities he used upon realizing that* Ugh. So my friend calls AAA. After waiting for a delightful hour, a guy finally comes. He does his magic and goes on his merry may. So now its nearly 2 and I have to be at work by 3. I'm in Butler, an hour and a half away from home. Oh, what a joyful mix of feelings I had. Once on my way home, the rain becomes absolutely horrible. Hydroplaning in a nearly 2-ton RWD car with tiny 195/75R14 tires isn't the all that enjoyable, especially when in a hurry. So much so that my gas lasted as long as paper in turbulent water. I used more that trip than I had nearly all week. Once I do finally get home, I'm as tardy as possible and with a bladder that's about to burst. I change uber fast and waist no time trying to keep gravel from being spun. At 3:20 I finally arrived at work. Not long after, I learn that the assistant manager, Dave, the one who hired me, died in a car accident, ironically enough, close to where I had just came from. Apparently, his car crossed the median and hit an 18-wheeler head on. From what I hear, he was newly engaged, as well. I only met him briefly, but it's utterly impossible to imagine it. So yeah... That just added to the already unpleasant mood of things. So odd a day could only be capped off with having to stay an extra hour. By far, the worst day I've had in a long, long time. Certainly far worse for Dave's family and fiancee, I'm sure. -_-

Dear Blackviper:

I am sorry about the day you had.. I really am. I know it is hard to deal with all of that. We all have days like this. Some of us have years like that. It is what we do in those dark times that determine how we deal with it or move on to the next thing in life. It is hard to hear about someone's death I am sure. You had a bad day. You take what you can away from it and move forward.

I did not know you got a job.. Good for you!

Sometimes with a day like that you need to look back and realize that maybe your day really wasn't so bad.

In some way it's a reason why it was good day for you. I know you alluded to it at the end. We should all count our blessings every so often, it's just too bad it takes tragedy to remind us.

Edited by FloydHendershot