Decisions

capriceman

I have been really busy lately and decided to stop by toady, I'm shocked by how many new faces and articles are on here, makes me fell like a first timer.

Most of you probably could care less about me but, a week ago I'm on a job sight figuring out a quote and such for some electronic switch boxes to control a underground "devices,"then a blackish A8 comes by im thinking damn...., must be the foreman or whatever." then he gets out and says Is there a Craig here? i go yes, I'm here for the quote, Is there anything i can help you with?

He turns grabs me by the shoulder (I'm not a big fan of sudden movements like that i almost kicked his ass for that) drags me behind his A8, which i can't take my eyes off, and tells me his is from Lockheed Martin. I already knew this from his Skunk works logo on his jacket. I kind of get pissed in a rage saying why wont you guys leave me the F alone remind you I'm at well, Grayling military base (of all f@#king places in the world) with the Army Corp of Engineers around me. They all thought i was crazy then i had to explain to them that (for those of you that don't know) I was a Special forces sniper for 15 years from 85 to 2000 ever since there has been this "iron curtain" over me keeping me from the public. Which limits everything i do for many years to come because when i was 20 and had no where else to turn my life i joined the army and signed a contract about them owning me for the rest of my life. Once i finally left i got a normal job as a machinist and attend school to get my engineering degrees. last month my boss told me that a week after i was hired some guys approached him making him sign a release on me and allowing us to get military contracts which I'm always in charge of. How convenient right?

Anyway this guy gives me like 20 pounds of folders and files and tells me he will be in touch. I get home and read through them Lockheed Martin wants me to move to either Texas or Colorado i think and work at one of there military research labs.(again Convenient isn't it?) I will make about $160k a year and get decent benefits and they will buy my current house for $160k. I make about 100kish now.

the guys at the shop want me to go saying better your life but I'm thinking the grass isn't greener over there. Plus Then i ask myself what is true happiness and will i ever find it? Kim does not want to move either.

It seems like it never ends. sometimes i wish i don't wake up.

What do you guys think i should do. I really need some out side opinions. Stay where life is pretty simple or move to get more pay and hope for a better life. :(

Not asking- but there's not nearly enough details above to give you an honest appraisal.

From what there is: if you're pulling down "100K-ish" and are happy and comfortable, plus have no real drive to move & change professions again, I don't see what's tugging at you to change. Unless 100K-ish isn't doing it for you (I wouldn't think that the case, tho- not many people who make 100K are satisfied with a "mere" 160K house).

money is not a issue by far. I bought this house for about 157 about a year ago. I hate having to much house its rather useless to have a 20 bedroom house for 2 people i like simplicity.

I guess im looking for change whether it will be better or worse is it another "ball and chain" life style or will i have freedom. To be hones ti dont know what i want anymore.

It all depends. Do you enjoy doing what you do now? Would you enjoy doing what they want you to do out west? Is there any less stressful line of work you could get yourself into? If all else fails, grab a can of beans and a shotgun, move to Alaska and tell the world to go f' itself.

actually I have a lot in Alaska and have the complete layout of my dream home but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I kinda of like what i do right now i mean it challenges me when i get real projects instead of working on cars in our bays. I love my night time job working for warren S.W.A.T. but I don't like the fact that i could be killed anyday. it bothers me now. while 10 years ago i thought i was invincible.

To be honest i dont know what i want anymore.

*nods*

Right there with you ... I've been thinking something similar the last month or so. Can't seem to shake the feeling that I'm "missing" something....

As for your decision ... no idea what to tell you, except ... perhaps you should do a "pro vs con" list ... and go from there...?

Either way, GOOD LUCK.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I can’t take anymore" ... 3rd Eye Blind ... 'How's It Going To Be'

I guess it depends on what is more imoprtant to you- money or Family (or location)

I tend to be close with family, so I could live with a little extra money...

Extra money won't buy me more time with family....

At some points in our lives we're willing to do just about anything, and in others we just want it to be stable.

It kinda sounds like you're thinking about just keeping things simple......

My life goals right now are own a 66 toronado, DeLorean, and (Koiensegg CCX i can dream right?). The other goal is to be happy and keep close ones happy.

Maybe i will take a day off this week and go up north sit on some dirt road on the hood of the caprice and think it all through. i have many reasons either way. Another one is Safety. Sounds crazy but there are people out there to get me and its understandable I don't want anyone to pay for my actions. kinda of like Karma i guess.

Till then i guess "I'm a fool for the city"

My life goals right now are own a 66 toronado, DeLorean, and (Koiensegg CCX i can dream right?). The other goal is to be happy and keep close ones happy.

Maybe i will take a day off this week and go up north sit on some dirt road on the hood of the caprice and think it all through. i have many reasons either way. Another one is Safety. Sounds crazy but there are people out there to get me and its understandable I don't want anyone to pay for my actions. kinda of like Karma i guess.

Till then i guess "I'm a fool for the city"

Ah, the city isn't that bad- I think you'll be alright. :yes:

I think family is the only good reason why I'm still im Michigan.... :)

I think family is the only good reason why I'm still im Michigan.... :)

Family is pretty much the only good reason why I'm still in IL.

That, and a few other things, I suppose.

"I don't know where we'll go, but it beats where we're at" ... Lonestar ... 'What About Now'

My best friend works for lockheed and from what he has told me, lockheed tends to take pretty good care of its employees. He is on leave right now in grad school but he did work in their rocket science and tech department in sunnyvale california.

One thing is for sure about working for lockheed. They will never be out of work because they are only one of like 3 defense contractors left on earth. Nice to hear from you. I have been kinda MIA too so I know the feeling.

I wish I had more time to elaborate on this, but the past couple of months haven been not so good for me and that's another whole story I won't bother to go into. But I saw this thread and it hit close to home so I had to add at least one comment.

So, for what it's worth, I don't think it's the decisions that are so difficult, it's the answers that we don't always like so much and why we try so hard to avoid the obvious.

Family is pretty much the only good reason why I'm still in IL.

That, and a few other things, I suppose.

"I don't know where we'll go, but it beats where we're at" ... Lonestar ... 'What About Now'

Friends help too. :)

Good luck either way, not sure whart I can contribute.

BTW: If you make 100K why the heck don't you drive a bule/white 1963 Impala SS with four on the foor?