Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Northstar

Recommend an SUV all-season tire

8 posts in this topic

We're probably going to replace the tires on the TB, and I've been looking through reviews, but it seems everything has about as many good reviews as bad reviews. Anyone have any suggestions? Want good handling in all conditions (obviously), smooth and quiet. It seems the Goodyear Fortera TripleTreds are genuinely liked by most everyone, but they're rather pricey.

I took the junk Generals off my Sierra as soon as I got it and replaced them with Triple Treds. I love 'em.

I'd recommend the Goodyear Forteras.. I bought a set last month for my Grand Cherokee. Been happy w/ them so far, and they've been great in the snow and rain around here this month. The other tire I had considered was the Michelin LTX.

Has anyone had the Continental CrossContact LX? It's $40 less/tire than the Triple Treads and is rated 4th in the category (TT is 1st). The tires that come stock on it are Continentals and those are rated terribly, 46th in category, but I guess it is possible that they make some quite good tires and some very bad tires.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, keep 'em coming.

My dad's old 2004 Buick Ranier CXL AWD came with Michelin Cross Terrains as OEM, they were terrible in the snow and he ended up buying a set of winter tires for it.

The Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's have been awesome on my Sierra.

we had forteras on our aztek. finally replaced then las summer, they went about 75k miles i think. good traction, quiet, until about 60k, and good ride.

we replaced them with michelin hydroedge, which are excellent but more carlike.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room