I have fallen in love with a foreign vehicle

Dsuupr

I went to an official unveiling of the new Ducati 848 tonight. WOW is it beautiful. That is one foreign vehicle that would look great in my garage and under my _ss. Maybe I could talk my wife into a good used Ducati Monster . . .

V2_Ducati_848_CG_1_01.jpg

24390_0_1_2_monster%20695_Image%20credit

Edited by Dsuupr

with ducatis and bmw's and triumphs and all the sweet rice bikes out there, there is nothing appealing about a buell that would inspire me to ride one. If i did ride one and like it i would give it its due as far as being capable, but if i wanted a harley i would just cut to the chase and get a vrod and be done with it. i don't read up a lot on bikes these days but what i do read, it doesn't give me the impression that it is class leading, and i don't hear that from my motorcycle riding buddies either. If the buells were top in class i would suspect that knowledge would be more common.

'sure, it's no ducati'. you said it yourself.

Edited by regfootball

well i suppose that -is- true.

although these days there are plenty of newer uglier hondas and toyotas and other vehicles on the market that make the tek seem fairly mainstream.

i don't dispute that the buell is a well engineered motorcycle. It's just that if i ever got into motorcycling again after 20 plus years, the bike i get is gonna be sexy. whether its that triumph, or a v rod, or a new concours, or a victory.

the unique features of the buell to me are what makes it look a bit clumsy. the huge brake disc, the tall motor, the tank frame etc.

When I look at a Buell, I am visually entertained. I personally don't like the "decked in plastic" looks of most sport bikes. The Firebolt in particular is like a cross-breed of a naked bike and a full bodied bike. It's the best of both worlds. As well, it's innovative. It doesn't follow the mold. The disk brakes and the exhaust are particularly cool. Buell's are like the muscle cars of sport bikes. Full of personality, simplistic, yet muscular. It's by far my favorite. As much of a Honda bike lover I am, I'd much rather have a Buell.

Edited by blackviper8891