2 movies

loki

I saw Juno ~3 days ago, great flic, comedy inside a very serious topic. highly recommended

Walk Hard : the Dewey Cox Story. Wow. awesome funny parts, some big stars in it, hilarious scene with "the Beatles", quite a few boobs, maybe 3 short parts with dicks in view...yeah... oh wait, it's still F'ning hilarious at least 80% of the time there isn't music being played.

highly recommended

anyone else seen above average movies recently?

Over the Xmas week vacation, I saw I Am Legend and Charlie Wilson's War...liked both. Plan to go see The Golden Compass this week w/ some friends. Other than that, I've been watching a lot of old French crime movies on DVD lately.

Hairspray... again. It's good. :P

I want to see Hairspray..

I'll add Sweeney Todd to the list as well. Phenominal movie and probably on my short list of favorites. Johnny Depp is, as usual, amazing. The musical score is one of the best I've EVER heard and the style is good Tim Burton (Original Batman, Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetle Juice, etc.) not the lame "Charlie And The Chocolate Factory" stuff. In my book, the movie also gets bonus points for featuring Alan Rickman (Snape in Harry Potter) because he is one of my favorite actors.

A lot of people say Depp has too much "Jack Sparrow" in him still for this role. But I thought Depp was excellent, he fit the part perfectly and nailed ALL of the mannerisms and such.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

'Juno' was as brilliant as everyone says, and 'The Great Debaters" was spectacular (even though I really REALLY hate inspirational movies with sweeping classical scores designed to make you emotional).

Last movie I saw in theatres was I Am Legend, which I thought was very good; haven't seen anything else that you all have mentioned yet.

Am I the only one that wishes they called the movie The Master Debaters instead of The Great Debaters?