Finally got my xmas present!

schuby87

For xmas I got a DMH electric cutout. It just got here yesterday and I wired it up that night. Then this morning I went and had the cutout welded in. It sounds like open headers! Definitely the best bang for the buck I have spent on my car!

Here is the electric cutout...

HPIM0683.jpg

HPIM0684.jpg

Here are some pics of the install...

HPIM0677.jpg

HPIM0676.jpg

HPIM0681.jpg

Installed and all wired up...

HPIM0688.jpg

HPIM0687.jpg

Here are some videos of the cutout working and me having some fun...

(my camera is really crappy!)

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e145/sch...nt=HPIM0679.flv

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e145/sch...=HPIM0689-2.flv

Wow, I've never even seen an electric cutout.

Usually you see them in sick rat rods & they

are activated by some lever hooked up to a

jimmy-rigged shifter cable, or they're the kind

you open & close manually with three screws

like the SBC-powered '32 in American Graffity.

Good for you, money well spent. :D

the mufflers i have have cutouts on the back, but with just the plates on them, so to open them its a nice hassle getting under the car and flipping off the wingnuts... i cant wait to buy my electronics!

Sounds like the same muffler I put on my car. My original plan was to use the cut-out once in a while, but it sounded so sweet open that I had a pipe made to look like normal exhaust so I could always have it open!

the mufflers i have have cutouts on the back, but with just the plates on them, so to open them its a nice hassle getting under the car and flipping off the wingnuts... i cant wait to buy my electronics!

I have a similar situation...

I was planning cutouts for my '73, but the car is lowered just enough to where I can't get my ass under there to remove the plates. So I ditched the idea for now and hope to someday go electric. Of course, the single chamber Flowmasters sound pretty good as is!

Schuby87: That's a very sweet car! I'm very envious

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

yeah the ones i have are built into the muffler... on the exit side of the muffler, there is one hol for the tailpipe to exit, and the another has the flange with the blockoff plate... so when the plate is opened, the exhaust flows right through.. i cant wait for electrics!

Riding around with this bad boy open is sooo much fun! I love it!

I have some high heat wrap you can have...or relocate the wiring before meltdown. You know all about exhaust temp....

Are you going to be home later today? Maybe I could stop by and take that off your hands...

Riding around with this bad boy open is sooo much fun! I love it!

Are you going to be home later today? Maybe I could stop by and take that off your hands...

I plan on being home all day. My garage is open for business ...and I have some ls1 info I've been saving for you also

Edited by mightymouse