Pink Cadillac

HarleyEarl

I saw a 2005 Cadillac DTS at the dealership yesterday with a sold sign on it. This was no ordinary Cadillac. It was painted in a pearlized pink color that changed very slightly depending on the angle viewed.........AND, get this, just behind the front fender under the chrome strip on the side, there was a 'M A R Y K A Y' in raised chrome letters, individually applied, just like a Cadillac logo would be. Does anyone know if this comes from the factory like this?

There are alot of 'Mary Kay' pink cadillacs around and have been for yeas but this new DTS is quite different in that it is a 'Mary Kay' model with attached insignia that says 'Mary Kay' in chrome raised letters. I understand that when the car is no longer used by a Mary Kay rep, it has to be painted white before it is auctioned. Mary Kay has different levels: Level 1: Red Pontiac Vibe Level 2: Silver Pontiac Grand Prix Level 3: Pearlized Pink Cadillac DTS

There are alot of 'Mary Kay' pink cadillacs around and have been for yeas but this new DTS is quite different in that it is a 'Mary Kay' model with attached insignia that says 'Mary Kay' in chrome raised letters.

I understand that when the car is no longer used by a Mary Kay rep, it has to be painted white before it is auctioned.

Mary Kay has different levels:

Level 1:  Red Pontiac Vibe
Level 2:  Silver Pontiac Grand Prix
Level 3:  Pearlized Pink Cadillac DTS

[post="31640"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Mary Kay scares me, knowing this I am more scared!

I've sena like 4 or 5 MK Devilles in my lifetime, all pink. A few years ago I saw a pink 95-ish MK G.P.

Contact a Mary Kay representative? Honestly I only found out about it when Catie told me that her mom used it and loved it...and my eyes are so baggy cuz I never get proper sleep. I wouldn't call that makeup though...it's invisible and seems to be primarily an aloe-type gel.

From what I was told, they recently modified their signature shade of pink too. Now, on the latest cars, like the new DTS mentioned above, they basically took the stock GM "White Lightening" shade of pearl white that also tends to give off a slightly lime green hue, depending on the light, and mixed that with the Mary Kay pink. Doesn't look much different, I don't think, just seems to "pop" a little more.

From what I was told, they recently modified their signature shade of pink too.

Now, on the latest cars, like the new DTS mentioned above, they basically took the stock GM "White Lightening" shade of pearl white that also tends to give off a slightly lime green hue, depending on the light, and mixed that with the Mary Kay pink.  Doesn't look much different, I don't think, just seems to "pop" a little more.

[post="32393"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes, no longer is it the dull, faded pastel pink but a nice pearlescent pink. The STS I saw today looked very nice...for being pink.

There has been a tri stage pearl version of Mary Kay pink since 1998. The pastel pink was available up to 2001. Starting in 2002, the solid version was eliminated, and the color became exclusively a tri stage pearl, and in 2004 the tri stage formula was changed to a newer brighter one, which gives it the look you see on the newer Mary Kay cars. Sometimes I think I've been sniffing too much of the paint fumes to know all this useless crap.

[post="32452"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:lol: ...hey, but it sure is useful here!