Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
A Horse With No Name

Sad moment for classic cars...

9 posts in this topic

Over at Miatanet one of our regular posters just had his barn/garage distroyed. In his barn were his 63 Corvette convertible and 70 SS-454 Chevelle. He lost quite a few other antique cars as well.

OUCH!

Chris

He lost a rare 66 K Code Mustang GT, a 52 Buick Special and a 55 Buick also. His Corvair convertible was somewhere else so it didn't get destroyed.

I feel actually the worst about the two Buicks. Buicks of that Era are so rare and I so seldom see them. Bob is one of the nicest damned guys, too.

Chris

Sad sad sad. A guy we do a lot of business with here at work went through the same thing a few months back. He's the chief mechanic for the fire department (ironically enough) here in town and he lost two antique fire trucks, a '62 Studebaker Hawk, a '68 Camaro, a '63 Chevy pickup truck, a '78 Corvette, and of course all his tools and memorabilia in the barn as well. Thankfully the all original 1935 Seagrave fire engine he drives in parades was outside the barn at the time and escaped with only minimal paint blistering on one front fender from the heat. Also good is the fact that the fire stayed contained to his house, which was attached to the barn by a small breezeway.

66stang- Buick was the #3 producer in the mid '50s; relatively speaking, they are not rare (tho of course, the passage of time makes everything more rare after 50-60 years). A '50 Special with antique plates appears daily right near me at a business since last week, I should snap a pic of it.

Fire always concerns me- I unplug just about everything in my shop when I'm not in it.

awful. I hope he was at least insured.

Aye.....very sorry.

I can't even begin to imagine how I'd feel in a similar situation :(.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"You know it don't seem right" ... Bobbie Gentry ... 'Ode To Billie Joe'

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room