And you thought the GTO dealer markup was bad..

2008 BMW M3 Coupe being marked up to $100,000

We've been getting reports from all over that the 2008 BMW M3 Coupe has begun to arrive in U.S. dealerships. Dealers, however, have also begun taking advantage of the high interest in these Bavarian über coupes by marking up the price. Since we couldn't just take everyone's word for the extreme mark ups, we had to wait until someone surfaced with proof, which came today. Dragtimes.com is hosting an image of a brand spanking new M3 sitting in an unidentified California dealer with a window sticker displaying the car's $70,720 MSRP plus a $30,000 mark up. The extra monies demanded by the dealer is labeled as a "Dealer Market Adjustment" on the window sticker, which makes it seem like a special options package with heated seats and an extra cup holder. Rather, it's the reality that this dealer and many others know that someone out there will pay that much for a new 2008 BMW M3 Coupe. But as good a sports car as it the new M3 undoubtedly is, would you pay over $100,000 for it? Thanks for the tip, FikseGTS!

------------------------------------------

That's $30,000 worth of BMW Koolaid.... or a G8 GT.

2008 BMW M3 Coupe being marked up to $100,000

We've been getting reports from all over that the 2008 BMW M3 Coupe has begun to arrive in U.S. dealerships. Dealers, however, have also begun taking advantage of the high interest in these Bavarian über coupes by marking up the price. Since we couldn't just take everyone's word for the extreme mark ups, we had to wait until someone surfaced with proof, which came today. Dragtimes.com is hosting an image of a brand spanking new M3 sitting in an unidentified California dealer with a window sticker displaying the car's $70,720 MSRP plus a $30,000 mark up. The extra monies demanded by the dealer is labeled as a "Dealer Market Adjustment" on the window sticker, which makes it seem like a special options package with heated seats and an extra cup holder. Rather, it's the reality that this dealer and many others know that someone out there will pay that much for a new 2008 BMW M3 Coupe. But as good a sports car as it the new M3 undoubtedly is, would you pay over $100,000 for it? Thanks for the tip, FikseGTS!

------------------------------------------

That's $30,000 worth of BMW Koolaid.... or a G8 GT.

What's worse? That....or Challengers in Ohio marked up $40K over their $42K MSRP? That's double.....

When you get down to it, it's supply-versus-demand.

I'm sure BMW corporate wouldn't want to see any dealer markups.....but to be honest, if I was a dealer, I'd do the same thing given the circumstances.

I have a buddy that works at a Porsche dealership here in SoCal.....and they got like 4 Carerra GT3 RS models all of last year. Now don't you think there was a hefty markup on each and every one of those? Damn straight.......

Same thing happened way back when with the Buick Grand National GNX.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
What the Hell are you talking about, there was nothing wrong with them, they didn't sit, they were just rusting, oops I mean resting! :rolleyes:

Are we talking about GTOs or G8s? both?

I think most of the local dealers here have the same G8s they received around 4-6 months ago.