Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ocnblu

Garage Man's Companion

9 posts in this topic

Whenever I hear that old chestnut describing a GMC pickup, I take it as a reference to a trusted friend, and I was glad to have my Sierra in the last few days. Sunday, my seven-year old wash machine quit with a tub full of soapy water. After going online and then checking everything I could think of, I decided it was time to head to Lowe's and buy a new washer and dryer (coincidentally, my mom's dryer quit at the same time). So off I went. I felt very good, being able to carry my new stuff home without depending on others. The hard part was getting the washer into the laundry room by myself (I ended up wheeling it in on my creeper, and boy was I sore the next day), but now that I have everything installed and working, I feel very satisfied, and my mom has a newer dryer that works perfectly.

To the good old American Pickup Truck, I salute you!

Whenever I hear that old chestnut describing a GMC pickup, I take it as a reference to a trusted friend, and I was glad to have my Sierra in the last few days. Sunday, my seven-year old wash machine quit with a tub full of soapy water. After going online and then checking everything I could think of, I decided it was time to head to Lowe's and buy a new washer and dryer (coincidentally, my mom's dryer quit at the same time). So off I went. I felt very good, being able to carry my new stuff home without depending on others. The hard part was getting the washer into the laundry room by myself (I ended up wheeling it in on my creeper, and boy was I sore the next day), but now that I have everything installed and working, I feel very satisfied, and my mom has a newer dryer that works perfectly.

Funny, I'm going to be doing the same thing today with our manly minivan. :P

this is the sort of reason why i want a truck.. the ability to just throw my life into the back seat and take it wherever i need to.

Will you be saluting as it sucks your money down the drain at the gas pump too? :smilewide:

That's why you buy an old pickup... 8)

a 7-year old washer should've been fixable... but it sounds like things worked out well. :) Dryers run FOREVER. They don't have to deal with the moisture levels washers do. :(

(worked selling appliance repair parts for quite a while)

I couldn't function without a truck.

That said, a G8 ST could have done the job nicely as well. :AH-HA_wink:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0