2004 Olds display in NY Autoshow

The final display of the Oldsmobile brand in NY was a sad affair. I got a photo with a nice Alero. I got a shiny booklet from the stand. Today I realized that there was a DVD in it and its really cool there is about 15 minutes of film on Olds innovations & Olds history. Anybody else see this?

Today I realized that there was a DVD in  it and its really cool there is about 15 minutes of film on Olds innovations & Olds history. Anybody else see this?

NO...I didn't see it ... sounds kinda neat.....

I wonder if you can get them from anywhere these days....I think I might enjoy that....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"I'm fading away" ... Simple Plan ... 'Untitled'

This is my first post on G&G! I like what you guys have here at C&G I think I'll be back regularly. As you can tell by my name I'm big GM fan & an even bigger Olds fan. Anyway, I'm a Jersey boy & yes I got my 4 brochures with DVDs @ the NYIAS in 2004. The DVD is a nice little nod to Olds' heritege. I like the last few years of Olds displays with the classic Olds. Well,I hope to a C&G regular from now on. Edited by Olds98Regency

It was either in 2002 or 2003 that they had 'ol Blue (the 1st '66 Toro) in the Olds display for the Chicago Auto Show - It was sad because that got WAAAY more attention than anything else in the booth did...

*grins*

I _remember_ that!!!!!!!!!

And, I believe that was in 2003 ... because, iirc, it was displayed the year I had my last open heart surgery ... and that was 2003. As I recall, my buddy who drove me in for that wasn't sure we should stay so long (since I was still recovering from the surgery), but I stuck it out...and was quite pleasantly surprised to have seen that car in the display ... it was well worth sticking out an extra hour or so ;).

*grins*

I _remember_ that!!!!!!!!!

And, I believe that was in 2003 ... because, iirc, it was displayed the year I had my last open heart surgery ... and that was 2003.  As I recall, my buddy who drove me in for that wasn't sure we should stay so long (since I was still recovering from the surgery), but I stuck it out...and was quite pleasantly surprised to have seen that car in the display ... it was well worth sticking out an extra hour or so ;).

[post="33686"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think that was the only time I have ever seen an Alero 5 speed too.... :P

• 3 weeks later...
They had a kind of sad display at the 2004 LA auto show as well. The final year edition of each car left to sell as well as one truly unbelievably gorgeous 1953 Fiesta in two-tone yellow over cream. So sad that it was wedged in a corner of the GM display. I still think it was an idiotic decision to axe Olds. It cost them a fortune and it's not like they made up the market share. Cut models, consolidate dealerships, fold Saturn into it (Saturn should have been Oldsmobile in the first place IMHO), but don't kill it off when it was poised to be the division that could have cut the Japanese off at the knees. Oh well, we were always an Olds family. Back in the day in my parents set, Lincolns and Cadillacs were vulgar; Buicks were for old fogies. If you bought American and you wanted luxury with a hefty dollop of sporty, you got an Olds

• 1 month later...

It was either in 2002 or 2003 that they had 'ol Blue (the 1st '66 Toro) in the Olds display for the Chicago Auto Show - It was sad because that got WAAAY more attention than anything else in the booth did... :(

[post="33381"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

In a sea of lookalike bland cars such as Toyota/Lexus it was probably extremely refreshing to see something that had real style. it was ashame that the Aurora didn't last till 04. No reason why it shouldn't have as it's product cycle couldn't possibly have been over as all the other G-bodies carried on untouched for several more seasons. That was one of the few new cars that got my attention for a 4 door sedan, especially with it's flashy chrome wheels.

This is my first post on G&G! I like what you guys have here at C&G I think I'll be back regularly. As you can tell by my name I'm big GM fan & an even bigger Olds fan.
Anyway, I'm a Jersey boy & yes I got my 4 brochures with DVDs @ the NYIAS in 2004. The DVD is a nice little nod to Olds' heritege. I like the last few years of Olds displays with the classic Olds. Well,I hope to a C&G regular from now on.

[post="33510"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I used to have a '72 Olds 98 Regency. This was the first year for the Regency and it was a limited production model. I'm not sure how many were produced that year but it was somewhere between 2000 and 5000 examples. All of them came in gold that year, though I think you had a choice of either a black or a beige vinyl roof and interior (mine was black on top and inside).

I'd dearly love to have that car now. I sold it in 1978.