rare rides

went to a classic car auction this weekend with my day and saw a few nice cars and some... well not so nice. some of the cars not seent so much and two that were down right rare. on a side note got to meet David Pearson too, very interesting fellow.

first up is a 1957 pontiac safari chiefton station wagon. had three row seats and airconditioning. i must say never seen a pontiac station wagon in person, prolly wont see another in a long time. the second is a 1969 buick GS california. 350 with an automatic on the column. enjoy.

n509322626_678809_2836.jpg

n509322626_678810_3405.jpg

n509322626_678811_3835.jpg

n509322626_678812_4217.jpg

n509322626_678813_4604.jpg

n509322626_678815_5546.jpg

n509322626_678814_5111.jpg

Edited by cletus8269

most welcome, it was a sweet little ride. the owner was no where to be found so i couldnt ask about it. even though it was off to the side it had a lot of people around it looking most of the day. i'll have a lot more pics in a few weeks cause me and dad are going to take a ride up to charlotte for the auto fair at lowes motor speedway in april

Edited by cletus8269

that it is a GORGEOUS buick.. i want a skylark (or any 68-72 A Body for that matter) like a fat girl who just got dumped wants some Ben & Jerrys!

we talked to the new owner who was there to sell the car. he wanted 26K for it, dad saw a sign in the back seat that said 19K he may have paid that or changed his mind how much he wanted for it. the interior was original but the dash and the carpet needed replacing. he had the original wheels at his house they need new meats and he had these wheels already to go. there looked to be only 2 spots on the outside, a dent about the f in california on the passenger side that could easily be rolled out and a spot that needed touching up on the rocker pannel. the thing that worried me the most were the bumps on the vinyl top. i got a vinyl top on my 69 and i knew what that meant. if its taken care of soon there shouldnt be a problem. give it a few years though and you'll prolly be fabricatin some patch panels. the paint though... man it was cherry. could see yourself in it.

Edited by cletus8269

i'll have a lot more pics in a few weeks cause me and dad are going to take a ride up to charlotte for the auto fair at lowes motor speedway in april

AWESOME!

When in April is that this year?

And, sweet pics and cars ... thanks for sharing!

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"So what is right and what is wrong?" ... Haddaway ... 'What Is Love?'

>>"...1955 pontiac safari chiefton station wagon."<<

That's a '57 Chieftan Safari. 11,536 9-passenger jobs were built- can't be many left in this shape, tho long roofs are very much in vogue these days.

GS-CA is sweet with those rims, tho that funky vinyl top treatment on the C-pillar always irked me.

AWESOME!

When in April is that this year?

And, sweet pics and cars ... thanks for sharing!

"So what is right and what is wrong?" ... Haddaway ... 'What Is Love?'

3rd 4th 5th and 6th

>>"...1955 pontiac safari chiefton station wagon."<<

That's a '57 Chieftan Safari. 11,536 9-passenger jobs were built- can't be many left in this shape, tho long roofs are very much in vogue these days.

GS-CA is sweet with those rims, tho that funky vinyl top treatment on the C-pillar always irked me.

geez i knew that too the fins give it away... dont know why i did that. i have it listed correctly on facebook. just caught up in the car i guess. oddly enough it was either a 55 or a 56 at the auction no 56 love to be found.

fixed thanks balthazar

Edited by cletus8269

3rd 4th 5th and 6th

Oh wow ... didn't realize it was coming up that quickly!

I have a few other friends in the Charlotte area that are planning to attend, too, I believe....

"Distractions are amusing" ... Hal Ketchum ... 'Past The Point Of Rescue'