loki

beleifs vs voting

Do your beliefs (religious or not) affect how you vote?   19 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• yes
    • no
    • mostly
    • barely

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

I'll post a response later.

for those that respond.. care to say something about it?

Edited by loki

Of course, how could they not? Can you base a vote on anything other than what you believe?

i hate single issue voters. a friend's wife is truly a dem at heart, but votes repub singularly because of abortion.

i don't always believe your leader has to 100% align with your own morals, its up to the people as well to carry forth their morals in the social fiber of the country.

but its too each their own.....

Maybe it's the phrasing of the question, but "what you believe" implies "all that you believe" to me. What else is there to serve as a basis for casting a vote?

If the question is just about religion, then my answer would be different.

Yes.. I definitely am not socially conservative and I don't appreciate attempts to enforce that behaviour on people.

Of course, how could they not? Can you base a vote on anything other than what you believe?

I know someone that has said they don't vote ( if they do ) based on what they believe.

I thought about this question on the basis of what my faith's stances on certain issues are and if how people of the same faith can even vote for a certain party (platform)... but, of course, i can't say if it's just ignorance or if they believe their faith wrong and vote against it anyway.

OK, I think I understand.

My "faith" or lack thereof, has little to no bearing on my political stance except that I believe that religion has no place in government, save that the freedom of religion be preserved.

OK, I think I understand.

My "faith" or lack thereof, has little to no bearing on my political stance except that I believe that religion has no place in government, save that the freedom of religion be preserved.

QFT

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0