Time for a new GM Logo!

So, I just finished hell week at school, (In case you're wondering, It is possible to get 7 hours of sleep over a 72 hour period and survive) and I am just a little bit bored today... I was looking at the GM logo, where I realized that it looks absolutely ancient. Research has showed me that the last time it was updated was in 1999 (I think) where they converted the original 1967 logo, glossed it over a bit, and slapped it on the letterhead. I think that with the volt coming out in 2010, and the vastly different corporate image GM is after, a new logo is necessary.

I made these 2 earlier today. What do you think? Make some of your own too!

gm1il8.jpg

gm2ky1hq2.jpg

Edited by jcgable

God No. Keep the Original Logo, like Ford. A Mac-ifying of the logo only takes away from its meaning.

Actually, I think you're right... After you mentioned that I was like, "That's where I've seen that logo before!". I spent the last 20 minutes trying to figure out why it looks so... familiar. :-)

I guess if the auto business has or will be fundamentally changed within a few years, nothing wrong with GM considering a new logo. (There was a even recent thread on this board, asking where, if at all, GM should re-locate its corporate headquarters.) The round one that looks almost like a marble or eyeball is modern and it makes me think of a "global" GM, while the one with the countries showing on the globe seems too obvious. Those aside, the present GM logo has more of a connotation of a dignified "mark of excellence" for me.