CTS V Rips the Ring

GM has release video and lap times of 7:59 at the ring in their 550 HP beast.

To put it into perspective the M3 ran a 8:05 and M5 ran an 8:13 if my report was correct.

The Caddy was stock less the roll bar racing seat and required GM safety equipment. It is said to be the lap record for a stock sedan at the Ring.

John H and his performance group has done it again.

I suspect the ZR-1 will live up the the 7:20 estimates and the new Camaro should be sub 8 Min laps with the sSUpercharged engine and just over 8 Min in the SS Camaro witht he standard 400+ HP engine.

We just got the Cobalt SS at 8.22 and HHR SS at 8.44 so GM just keeps em comin.

so what, still doesnt have 20 way pwr seats and telepathic controls with hd surround sound...

:lol:

if they can do that with the cts i wonder how much better the xlr could do...

wheres the video at or has it been released?

Edited by cletus8269

so what, still doesnt have 20 way pwr seats and telepathic controls with hd surround sound...

On Autoblog it said the video is soon to be release.

I would watch Autoblog as they carry most of the video's

On Autoblog it said the video is soon to be release.

I would watch Autoblog as they carry most of the video's

GM has release video and lap times of 7:59 at the ring in their 550 HP beast.

To put it into perspective the M3 ran a 8:05 and M5 ran an 8:13 if my report was correct.

The Caddy was stock less the roll bar racing seat and required GM safety equipment. It is said to be the lap record for a stock sedan at the Ring.

John H and his performance group has done it again.

I suspect the ZR-1 will live up the the 7:20 estimates and the new Camaro should be sub 8 Min laps with the sSUpercharged engine and just over 8 Min in the SS Camaro witht he standard 400+ HP engine.

We just got the Cobalt SS at 8.22 and HHR SS at 8.44 so GM just keeps em comin.

This is fun news!

Let's just hope the car is as communicative in feel as the acclaimed Bimmers.......as we all know it's one thing to have a fast lap, another to be enjoyable while achieving it.

Considering the good response we've gotten already on the regular CTS, I have high hopes. The only area they will have a real challenge with is the 6-speed manual action. The one in the normal CTS has been panned pretty much as not very enjoyable to use....and if they use the Tremec in the V-Series, that one could be a bigger challenge even. (The 6-speed auto ought to match up nicely though.)

This is fun news!

Let's just hope the car is as communicative in feel as the acclaimed Bimmers.......as we all know it's one thing to have a fast lap, another to be enjoyable while achieving it.

Considering the good response we've gotten already on the regular CTS, I have high hopes. The only area they will have a real challenge with is the 6-speed manual action. The one in the normal CTS has been panned pretty much as not very enjoyable to use....and if they use the Tremec in the V-Series, that one could be a bigger challenge even. (The 6-speed auto ought to match up nicely though.)

I believe it is the new Tremec that has been getting pretty good reviews in the Viper.

I believe it is the new Tremec that has been getting pretty good reviews in the Viper.

Yeah....that's also a "Viper."

I'm sure GM knows the importance of driving harmonics with this car. It's going up against some VERY impressive competition......the M3 and M5, the AMG products, the Audi S- and RS-models.

I wonder how the M5 drives with the newly optional 6-speed manual transmission? I seem to remember VERY favorable reviews in the rags other than the fact that you couldn't properly disable the stability-control on traditional manual models (although I've heard they have now corrected that.)

I bet in reality.....the CTS-v with the 6-speed automatic tranny will be the car to have. (Not for me, I'd still get a traditional manual.) The AMGs are getting great reviews for their responsive 7-speed auto, and they've just introduced the new 7-speed torque-converter-less tranny in the new SL. Also, the Caddy will upstage the jerky SMG in the BMW.

(Would be hot if GM were to introduce this car with a DSG.....??)