Corvette XR1? Camaro Z/28? Beat!

We have seen the beat on set now it is the Corvette XR1? and a updated Bumble Bee Z/28?.

I know the Camaro is one of the two GTO based cars but it has been updated in several areas. The hood and front splitter look to be possible Z/28 parts as the hood would give added clearance for a supercharger and the spitter would give more front down force for the car like on the ZR-1. Also the wheels were used on the Convertable prototype at one point.

fairmountparkcamp4ao3.jpg

fairmountparkcamp4ao3.cfced23321.jpg

Also note the black sections on the bumpers that could have the brake cooling and fog lights. Note the headlights look more like the production car as we expect them.

fairmountparkcamp5bb7.jpg

fairmountparkcamp5bb7.6eeb6cf830.jpg

Also the Vette XR1 is one I have not see or heard of. It may be a concept car for the C7? It has sicsor doors and the basic lay out of a Vette but a little more radically styled. Could this be a exageratted direction of where GM is going?

fairmountparkcamp3bh3.jpg

fairmountparkcamp3bh3.abe64421e5.jpg

Edited by hyperv6

Love that chopped 'Vette... looks like a restyled C6... like

a hot rodded, chopped 21st century Greenwood Corvette.

Love that chopped 'Vette... looks like a restyled C6... like

a hot rodded, chopped 21st century Greenwood Corvette.

I was thinking that too or Mako Shark III.

I get a hunch this may be like the Stingray Concept they did a few years back that showed us the exposed head lights and afew other things that showed up in the C6. I think it is too soon and too radical for a C7.

Edited by hyperv6

I was thinking that too or Mako Shark III.

I get a hunch this may be like the Stingray Concept they did a few years back that showed us the exposed head lights and afew other things that showed up in the C6. I think it is too soon and too radical for a C7.

Agreed. But thinking back to the Mako III (1993, I think?), it's impressive how much actually made it into the C5.

If this so-called XR1 is a similar forecast, color me intrigued.

Also, is Bumblebee still using fake wheels, or are those the real alloys this time?

Agreed. But thinking back to the Mako III (1993, I think?), it's impressive how much actually made it into the C5.

If this so-called XR1 is a similar forecast, color me intrigued.

Also, is Bumblebee still using fake wheels, or are those the real alloys this time?

Not sure on the wheels as they look real in photos but on the web everything looks good.

The first time I saw the original wheel covers on the Bumble Bee in person I was shocked how they did not look as good.

Here is the best shot I have seen.

tfsatlaurelhill8ih6.jpg

tfsatlaurelhill8ih6.fff4399d36.jpg

Edited by hyperv6

Well, they've been filming in Princeton the last two days, in and around the Princeton University campus. My wife works outside of Princeton & on her lunch break, her & three co-workers went out there to see what they could see. No cars sited, but she called to report that there were two large tractor trailers with their loading ramps extended out. She did get to see Shia LeBouf for about 5 seconds, as he walked out of a building, waved to the crowd, and went into his trailer. They should be in Princetone again tomorrow (Thursday, 6/26). If I could get out there, I would (maybe Friday if they're still shooting there). She said there is a blog report of a Saturn Astra (silver; maybe the 5-door I posted above) that was crashed into a utility pole on Washington Street.