Lacrosse rental for 600 miles

So I have been traveling for business and Enterprise was kind enough to honor my request for a GM "premium" car with an 08 LaCrosse. I know most people are poo-pooing the 3.8, but inside this car, you can barely hear it at all. Also, when at highway speeds, the car barely goes over 2,000 RPMs which keeps the car rather quiet. Inside the car, there is plenty of head room, the gauges are nice, the wheel with the radio and cruise controls is a nice feature, but there is no AUX/IPOD jack in the radio, which peeved me as I could not hook up my IPOD or Stilletto2 Sirius radio. I loved the seat with the power adjustment/lumbar. My mileage through highway traffic and San Francisco rush hour so far is around 24 MPG and the fuel tank is HUGE for a W body. The new grille is nice, but it does not match the headlights at all.

Plus: Quiet, decent fuel economy for size, comfortable.

Cons: Old Radio, Ugly headlights

Go drive a Lucerne now...

Its a good car but compared to what others offer it really is behind for a luxury car. Hell even try to compare it to the new Malibu.

Go drive a Lucerne now...

Its a good car but compared to what others offer it really is behind for a luxury car. Hell even try to compare it to the new Malibu.

The Lucerne? I've never been impressed by the Lacrosse in any way (not a bad car...just nothing great, and it's old), but the Lucerne is very well done. Well, at least if you stick to CXL and above (i.e. no mushy cloth seats and 16" wheels). Feels very high quality and like a tank, and the materials--really--are great. Feels pretty ritzy in a subdued way. We considered an '06 CXL at one time, and I loved it, my only complaint (well, if you call it that) was unusually loud roar from the 3.8L, more so than some other cars or maybe just because everything else noise-wise is so silent, but cruising at 55 I could get over 30 mpg, so still great.

The Lacrosse seems generally well recepted, too, as far as solidity, quiet, and gas mileage but isn't a standout in any particular way. It's just the last of the old & solid GM's, pre sophistication and styling injection. A last hurrah of the old timers, and now the LAST of the last for '09 to have the classic 3.8L.

I must add one more negative. The chrome strip along the dash and the chrome logo on the steering wheel REFLECT sun right into the driver's eyes.

*nods*

I noticed that, too, when I had the LaCrosse for my road trip last November:

http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/200711/RT1...ickWmc_jpg.html

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Ever been to Texas?" ... Conway Twitty ... 'Saturday Night Special'

It is a shame the waited for 2008 to fix that ugly grille. But honestly they are not a bad car.

It's an even greater shame they skipped on fixing those ugly headlights. :nono:

The LaCrosse is a decent car, though. But, for the money, I would go Aura or Malibu all the way to the bank.