Whatever happened to GM Carlisle?

I may try to come on Saturday. Lord knows a distraction will do me good. I think I'm going to try for my brother's go-karting party for Thursday the 26th, so it looks like it won't interfere. Edited by ocnblu

Sorry guys, I dropped the ball on this one. Work took a turn for the worse for me in the month of May, and now I'm just waiting for the school year to finally be over with (the student's last day is Thursday, we end Friday). I get a 5-week break before heading back for my summer hours that I work the end of July through the end of August, before the new school year begins on September 1. Enough about that.

The All-GM Nationals car show runs from Friday, June 20th through Sunday, June 22nd. Anyone that plans to go just for one day is best to choose Saturday (21st), as that's when a good majority of the show cars/trucks are there on display. If you;d like more information about the GM show, or Carlisle Fairgrounds in general, then check out these links:

Carlisle Fairgrounds homepage: http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/index.asp

All-GM Nationals Show: http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/gm-nationals/

I will be there on Saturday (21st) with my two year-old son (Justin) and my dad. I'll be pulling around a red Radio Flyer All-Terrain Wagon (ATW) with a canopy (and a chilled-out 2 y-o under it!).

Maybe next year more C&G posters can commit early on and we can register as a club. I believe the deadline to do so was in April or early May. I'll post next year's date as soon as it's published so I and anyone else who wants to volunteer can try to arrange something more "concrete".

Hope to see some C&Gers there!!! :AH-HA_wink:

Unfortunately I'm way too busy to go this year. Hopefully next year I'll be in a better spot and will be able to bring the Suburban or DeVille. If anybody going wants to pick me up a copy of that book, though, I would gladly pay you back (or give you the money in advance, whichever is easier)

I really want to go. It would be the first car show I've been to in a while, and certainly the biggest. Of course I want to go to the all Chrysler one, but going to this means (hopefully) meeting a bunch of people from here. The only question is if I'll have the funds.

I think I'm coming out on Saturday, if the weather's conducive. My truck's all back together. Camino, I still have your phone # here somewhere. How about if we all pick an entry gate number to meet at? I only have the Onstar phone in the truck, no cell, so I could communicate that way until I'm parked, at least. I can PM that number if anyone wants it.

I think I'm coming out on Saturday, if the weather's conducive. My truck's all back together. Camino, I still have your phone # here somewhere. How about if we all pick an entry gate number to meet at? I only have the Onstar phone in the truck, no cell, so I could communicate that way until I'm parked, at least. I can PM that number if anyone wants it.

I recently finished a large job for a client who spends most of her time in another city. Well, she " was pokey" about sending the check (her words). If it doesn't come tomorrow, I will not be able to go at all.

I'll let you know.

Well, I'm going. So that's GMTG74, SuperSport 623, LeoC2 with his Elky, and ocn. Only 4 people? Well, it shouldn't be too hard to find each other, but I don't see how Carlisle Productions can stay in business with only 4 of us at such a big event. Where's Viper? Has anyone heard from him?

I'm still on the fence... I've got $90 on me and I need to fill up my tank, still. I'm going to calculate it out and see if its worth it. If not, I'll miss yet another year.

Edit: So it's a 175 mile trip and it'll cost me a good $70 factoring in food and admission fees. I think I'll have to wait another year.

Edited by blackviper8891

Hmmm... it is cloudy this a.m., what's the weather gonna do? Darn it, I need to check the forecast.

It's supposed to be nice today but it's Carlisle after all... anything can happen! Yesterday about 5PM it was calm and nice and then a sudden burst of wind flattened several tents.

Well, I hope those who went had fun, and I want pics, please. I chickened out.

You shouldn't have - the weather was sunny with clear, blue skies and little white puffy clouds (some even looked like bunnies! :lol: ),

I will try to post some pictures soon, once I've had the chance to download my camera. :thumbsup:

GMTG74, did you hit up the test drive event? we went on line forever for the Pontiac vehicles, and 99.1% were waiting to drive the G8 GT, while some people wanted to drive the damn vibe and G6 :P

well im not 18 for another two days, so i couldnt drive (which BLOWS!) and they didnt have a real track set up, just a place for a quick uphill run.... after eons of waiting, we got an Ignition Orange GT, and the first thing we searched for in the car was the traction control, turned it off, brought it up to the stall, and launched the car...... wow! for a big sedan, it gave me some whiplash in the backseat.... we also got yelled out by the remarkably hot pontiac girl in the car with us wehn my friend ripped the ebrake for a fun powerslide onto some gravel....

i want a G8!!!

Lookin' forward to seeing pics....

Sure hope the weather is nice next weekend in the Pittsburgh area for the MC Nats...also wish I had time to pick up my "new" '79 MC before then, too...he heh.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Every song, another scene" ... Dierks Bently ... 'Every Mile A Memory'