2009 Impala production

tomg

when does the SS cobalt arrive?

The coupes should already be around, no? The sedans, I am not sure. We aren't ordering any. Insurance and gas prices are way too high in Toronto. Nobody under 30 can afford to drive these things, even with a $350 lease payment.

Well if you're not ordering any, you can be assured you'll not sell any.

Tell that to management.

Places that used to stock 400 vehicles on the lot now only have 50 or 60. Dealer trading is a way of life now. I've traded more cars this year than I did in the past 2. Trouble is, if you have NO inventory, then there isn't anything to even test drive. For example, I have previous clients who want to drive a 5 spd HHR (none around). I had clients yesterday who wanted a base reg. box 4WD Silverado; there is 1 within 100 miles of here - fat chance of getting that one in a trade! I read today that dealers in the States are screaming for incentives to unload unwanted pickups - we don't have any. We had 100 cancelled on an order 2 months ago! We haven't had a Colorado on the lot for 2 months. :banghead:

Ford, Chrysler and Nissan are giving cars away around here, but we don't have any inventory to worry about and GM is staying very low key. I suspect the numbers for GM in Canada are going to be very, very ugly for 2008, at least for the first half. Maybe 2009 inventory will be better. :rolleyes:

Tell that to management.

Places that used to stock 400 vehicles on the lot now only have 50 or 60. Dealer trading is a way of life now. I've traded more cars this year than I did in the past 2. Trouble is, if you have NO inventory, then there isn't anything to even test drive. For example, I have previous clients who want to drive a 5 spd HHR (none around). I had clients yesterday who wanted a base reg. box 4WD Silverado; there is 1 within 100 miles of here - fat chance of getting that one in a trade! I read today that dealers in the States are screaming for incentives to unload unwanted pickups - we don't have any. We had 100 cancelled on an order 2 months ago! We haven't had a Colorado on the lot for 2 months. :banghead:

Ford, Chrysler and Nissan are giving cars away around here, but we don't have any inventory to worry about and GM is staying very low key. I suspect the numbers for GM in Canada are going to be very, very ugly for 2008, at least for the first half. Maybe 2009 inventory will be better. :rolleyes:

Interesting viewpoint to hear from there...and yeah, no shortage of ANYTHING down here, especially if it's a truck--everyone has lots and acres full.

The past 2 Chevy's we've bought have been dealer trades, always starting by going to the dealer and saying "Okay, like it, but can we go search the system to see what's out there we might actually want?" With the Suburban, it was because NO one, even in flat beach land, will order a 2wd anything to save their life (all 4wd's...that no one even ever turns on), and then with the Malibu just because no one really had many and those who did didn't have close to what we wanted. The Suburban was easy (never a struggle to find or get one of those), but the Malibu was like pulling teeth...2 weeks of finding them, trying new colors, and the other dealers going "nope, sold it today" or just simply "no". Luckily, that still worked out when another local dealer who first said no had the people interested in the car fiddling around too much and the sales manager saw that our dealer had a Black/Brick Malibu LTZ and offered an instant trade for it--he wanted it himself.

I'm anxious to start seeing the 2009's. Now--well, kind of--considering a Pontiac myself (among too many others), might be another dealer swap in store for me. I joked with the sales person who's sold us the past 2 "You know I can't just take what you have on the lot..."

Nothing really exciting coming, but fun to see new colors and trim bits and the new year printed on stickers.

Tell that to management.

My local dealership would be happy to unload about 40 of their trucks....

They haven't sold a Silverado in two weeks...even the guy who ordered his truck changed his mine....