Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Europe

My car and bike-related pictures from Europe.

Nice colour choice, pfffft... (London)

2008europe007ci6.jpg

How exactly is this supposed to seat 4??? (London)

2008europe054yu2.jpg

Classic London cab

2008europe107hw5.jpg

Porsche truck (Copenhagen)

2008europe116uf5.jpg

Essentially free city bikes... you put a coin in, you get the bike. Bring it back to any city rack, get your coin back. Like a cart at the grocery store. (Copenhagen)

2008europe120im3.jpg

Sign on the handlebars of those bikes. (Copenhagen)

2008europe122mk4.jpg

I'll leave this one to Dodgefan... (Copenhagen)

2008europe155lp6.jpg

In Copenhagen

2008europe187nn1.jpg

VW Thing, found on Borgergade (seriously)

2008europe190uk7.jpg

Citroen 2CV (Copenhagen)

2008europe211qq9.jpg

The biking spirit is strong... (Copenhagen)

2008europe214da6.jpg

Opel (Berlin)

2008europe281jr6.jpg

The Trabant was the basic transportation of communist East Germany. To make one into a limo is a bit ironic. (Dresden, Germany)

2008europe304tv3.jpg

Prague

2008europe364qs2.jpg

Prague

2008europe364qs2.jpg

I remember that! There was a black CL63 parked across the street, in front of a bar with a Pilsner flag, or was it canopy...

I had a really good lunch at a restaurant like one block away - had Prague fried duck or something. The day after I had a really crappy lunch at the restaurant next to it. They gave me an omelet instead of a salad.

Yeah...

Great pics! They bring back memories. I think I checked C&G with one of Karlovy Lazne's trippy computers...

Neat...on my trips to Europe, I didn't see many old cars, other than some '70s Fiats in Italy and a couple '70s Fords (Capri and a Cortina) in the UK.

I'd love to see a mid '70s Granada or Consul GT, like the car in 'The Sweeney'...I really like the design of the '70s European Fords..

751.jpg

Ha, Borger, you so FUNNY! (looking).:smilewide:

Moltie, that's a very cool action shot of that old Ford. I imagine with the compact dimensions of most European countries, those old cars are all recycled by now. I'm glad I live in a big country, although some would like us to live as though we're in Europe. A Smart-based pickup truck ain't gonna cut it on a Montana ranch.

I'd love to visit the UK, I have a single female cousin who spends her money on European vacations instead of new vehicles every couple of years like I do, and she's always asking me to go. Maybe if I bite the bullet and buy a small car next time, I can save money toward that goal.

Neat pics! Europe has some of the coolest - and some of the fugliest cars on the planet. Strange dichotomy, indeed.

Ha, Borger, you so FUNNY! (looking).:smilewide:

I'd love to visit the UK, I have a single female cousin who spends her money on European vacations instead of new vehicles every couple of years like I do, and she's always asking me to go. Maybe if I bite the bullet and buy a small car next time, I can save money toward that goal.

C'mon now... vacations and new cars are not even on the same order of magnitude of money. You can vacation cheaply and still enjoy it. Cars, notsomuch.