Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

The Coolest Fiero on the Planet

woodighini_450.jpg

What to do when you want the style of a Lamborghini without the obscene payment? Seek refuge in GM's stunted program of 1980s awesomeness, the Fiero, that's what. Armed with time and skill, a steel fabricator from Canada named Woody has done an incredible job transforming a $60 mid-engined Pontiac wedge into an amazing homage to the Reventon. Obviously talented, the finished Woodighini is going to be incredible, Woody's done a fine job of transferring the Reventon's proportions to the Fiero's chassis.

When you're rocking Sant'Agata styling, you can't make do with an Iron Puke or even the L44 V6. Woody's tucking a hotted-up GM small-block under the engine hatch, fed pressurized atmosphere by a pair of turbos. The blow-through carburetor is a bit too stone age for our tastes, but we're sure it's not going to stand in the way of this car being a wheeled rocket. Flat out amazing work, and it's likely to have the same amount of attention lavished on it by passerby as a real Lamborghini gets; it's sure had as much extreme care in its crafting as anything wearing the Bull.

Source: Autoblog

Gallery

eh... I'm sick to death of Fieros getting hacked up to make

"mee-tu" Exotic pseudo-clones. <_<

My buddy's professor had a small part time start-up

business making INCREDIBLY acurate Ferrari F40 clones

with Fieros.. even those failed to impress me too much.

(keep in mind I'm going back to 1994-ish)

I know a guy in Denver that has a business making fake Lamborghini Countach bodies for Fieros.. it's lame stuff, but apparently, there are people that buy such crap.

Well besides thinking that the Reventon is one of the top 5 coolest cars on the earth, you have to admit a lot of work and skill went into this car.

Well besides thinking that the Reventon is one of the top 5 coolest cars on the earth, you have to admit a lot of work and skill went into this car.

Yes..I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks finished. It's kind of neat thing to build your own car from the ground up like that.

The Fiero still can not replicate (w/out an outrageous bank roll)

the two modern Exotics I'd love to own:

McLaren F1 & Bugatti Veyron.

The Fiero still can not replicate (w/out an outrageous bank roll)

the two modern Exotics I'd love to own:

McLaren F1 & Bugatti Veyron.

Huh? Those have B-pillars, aren't BOF, and don't have carborated pushrod V8s.

Edited by moltar

Huh? Those have B-pillars, aren't BOF, and don't have carborated pushrod V8s.

True. :wink: I'm not a simpleton like Homer Simpson.

And for the record both the McLaren & Bugatti are

relative pieces of garbage next to a coachbuilt '30s

car... esp. a V16 Cadillac or a DOHC, supercharged

Dusenberg dual cowl pheaton!*

* two windshields, still no B-pillars!!!

True. :wink: I'm not a simpleton like Homer Simpson.

And for the record both the McLaren & Bugatti are

relative pieces of garbage next to a coachbuilt '30s

car... esp. a V16 Cadillac or a DOHC, supercharged

Dusenberg dual cowl pheaton!*

* two windshields, still no B-pillars!!!

You can't really compare cars from ancient times with modern cars. Different worlds. I still prefer the McLaren over the Bugatti...it's more a pure sports car.

No, the coolest Fiero is the one that still looks like ass, but someone dropped a twin turboed GM 3.4 DOHC in the back to eat Mustang GTs\ Supra\ any other rice with.

I'm all about the sleepers.

Sleepers are cool, but how many times has that been done, and how hard is it compared to something like this? This took vision, skill, and so much work...that's what makes it so damn cool (that and being modeled after the Reventon).

No, the coolest Fiero is the one that still looks like ass, but someone dropped a twin turboed GM 3.4 DOHC in the back to eat Mustang GTs\ Supra\ any other rice with.

I'm all about the sleepers.

The problem w/ something like that, is it may be fast, but it's still a crappy worn-out Fiero.

Speaking of people confusing cars, my buddy with the '91 NSX has had so many people over the years think it was a Fiero, a Ferrari, or a Corvette. Ironically, his next door neighbor has 4 Fieros, in various conditions.

• 3 months later...