Lamar

Economic crisis

10 posts in this topic

Fellow C&Gers,

Have you ever been so down-and-out that you can't even afford to go to work that day?

I'm having to call/write in today because I can't even put enough gas in the Pathfinder to drive to the train station to get to DC. Shame, because I really enjoy what I do... :(

Edited by Lamar

Not so much afford to go to work, but simply able to go to work (painful back injury), yes....

And that sucks....

Sorry, man, that's terrible.

How far is your commute to the train station? Maybe a beater ten speed with saddle bags and a good lock would fit the bill as a commuter vehicle.

Sorry, man, that's terrible.

How far is your commute to the train station? Maybe a beater ten speed with saddle bags and a good lock would fit the bill as a commuter vehicle.

13 miles, about 20 minutes. That's via Interstate.

Dude, I hear ya.

Everything is going up-up-UP... except wages. <_<

Dude, I hear ya.

Everything is going up-up-UP... except wages. <_<

Tell me about it.

Gas has actually dropped around here since the beginning of last month to the tune of about 40 cents/gallon. But still... to the people who are out buying SUVs due to the drop in gas prices, we're not out of the woods yet.

But...the economy is doing great!

Sorry to hear about your problems Lamar. I don't think I've run into an issue getting to work yet, but having to fork over half a grand every month for insurance on two cars that aren't anywhere near new or expensive plus student loans is a real strain on the income I do make.

Sorry to hear about your problems Lamar. I don't think I've run into an issue getting to work yet, but having to fork over half a grand every month for insurance on two cars that aren't anywhere near new or expensive plus student loans is a real strain on the income I do make.

Yeah, I hear that. Fortunately I don't have to pay those back yet since I'm actually still in school.

I just got done exchanging emails with my department head... hopefully I'm not in too much trouble. :blush:

Is it possible that the insurance is high just because the cars are old? (Especially that Intrepid... how have you kept it going almost to 200 grand?)

Lamar, yup, I feel for ya, too.

They plan to raise car insurance here too...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor