Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oracle of Delphi

General Motors Europe presents its new compact car Chevrolet Cruze

11 posts in this topic

General Motors Europe presents its new compact car the Chevrolet Cruze during a world premiere at Pavillon Dauphine in Paris, Wednesday in preview of the 2008 Paris Car show.

The Cruze, will be assembled in Lordstown, OH in 2010 for the North American market, it is the first model built on the compact-car architecture designed and engineered by GM's European operations. Based in Russelsheim, Germany, GM Europe also is developing the architecture for all of GM's mid-size cars.

cruzepreview_01775.jpg

cruzepreview_02943.jpg

cruzepreview_03998.jpg

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

It looks good..reminds me a bit of Honda on the inside.

If it is priced right (GM doesn't go too crazy), this will be my next new car...... :yes:

Can't wait to see the Pontiac rebadge of this.

I honestly hope GM doesn't stick a twin kidney grille on this thing... It looks great as a Chevy!

A Pontiac should have its own front and rear clips and interior. And be available in all the same bodystyles as the Chevy. It's the very least they can do for Pontiac.

So now they're claiming Delta II was developed by GME and not GMDAT? :lol:

So now they're claiming Delta II was developed by GME and not GMDAT? :lol:

I thought GME developed the Delta II architecture and the Epsilon II architecture.

The GAMMA architecture and the micro-cars are being developed by GMDAT. Correct? :confused0071:

I always read that GMDAT had a substantial role in the development, with some input from GME.

I always read that GMDAT had a substantial role in the development, with some input from GME.

I just performed a search on our site - here's a post from griffon:

A detailed development timeline for the Chevrolet Delta 2 was leaked some time ago—it is being developed in Korea using the European-developed architecture...

It's not like the next Astra is based off the Cruze, or vice-versa. GME develops the architecture, but because of product cadences, the GM Daewoo-developed Cruze becomes the first car. All the major markets and engineering centers have some input, but GME controls the architecture.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room