Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
03Yukon

07 Escalade

18 posts in this topic

Honestly, Jim Dunne sounded silly in this little article. He seems to think everyone wants a smooth Escalade, the appeal of the Escalade has been it's larger than life presence. What heavy criticism? Huh? GM has a full line of trucks and suvs from small to very large. No different than most major car makers.

....oh and that Colorado is definitely interesting just below that Escalade spy shot.

[post="2677"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think that it maybe a future H3 pickup truck disguised as a Colorado. The Colorado already has a Z71 model so why would make another 4x4 package. Edited by 03Yukon

03Yukon do you have a larger pic of that Escalade thats in your avatar for me to add to my collection?....damn that is one of the nicest I've seen

That's my thinking as well. Big, knobby tires, skidplates - that's HUMMER material.

03Yukon do you have a larger pic of that Escalade thats in your avatar for me to add to my collection?....damn that is one of the nicest I've seen

[post="2692"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I got that picture from www.superbuytires.com.
Look under Caddy Escalade EXT in the gallery. It should be there.

It looks like it won't let me upload the pic. Edited by 03Yukon

Hey i sebt an article about that Colorado to Northstart to see if i should post it let me see if i still have it according to another sorce there was a ford mule being tested as well, that is if this is a mule for the H3T

Damn.....it's good to know there is an Escalade mule running around here :P

[post="2771"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

One of the things I do miss about living in Michigan are the mules/prototypes you can see on the roads, day or night...

When I lived in Ann Arbor in the mid-90s I saw all sorts of interesting prototypes around town and on the U of M campus....late at night, I'd see strange prototypes with Mfgr plates outside the main Engineering building...things like undisguised Renault diesel vans (idling in the lot at 2 am), the C5 Corvette (slightly disguised in fall '95), European Fords, etc... not to mention all the cool cars in the Car & Driver and Automobile magazine parking lots.. (I would cruise through C&D's lot off Hogback Rd at least a couple times a month to see what they were testing..)

I do see an occasional prototype doing high-altitude testing here in Colorado occasionally, though--I saw Monaro coupes (and Commodore sedans) 2 years before the GTO came out--crusing through a mall parking lot in broad daylight--with Chevy badges and Michigan mfgr plates, the Nissan Armada 6 months before it came out, an AMG CLS 65 and AMG R-class Merc recently, etc... Edited by moltar

I wonder if that's a Colorado test mule or a trest mule for some other truck wiht a Colorado body to disguise it.

Hmmm...maybe GM is working on an aggro off-road package for the Colorado. I remember they had something 15-20 years ago with big tires, etc for the S-10...'Baja' or similar?

As for the Colorado mule, could it be possible Hummer H3 Pickup in testing? Or a smaller Hummer? The proportions are very Wrangler-like... Escalade looks interesting...they lowered the grill, lights look to be very Sixteen-ish.

More important are the changes to the grille and front fascia: The lower half is cut away to allow for a steeper approach angle and more off-road capability.

:lol: Hahahaha! :lol: All they did was remove the bottom portion of the bumper, and there's no changes to the grille.

I'm in agreement with others here that it's a Colorado body on a Hummer H3 mule platform. Remember what our insiders have said about the possible Hummer H4/Hx: Theta will most likely be the platform used for that, not the GMT-355/356 (Canyon/Colorado/H3) platform.

Are you guys seeing something I'm not here with that Colorado that proves it's a mule? It looks like it just has the standard redneck aftermarket mods to me. :huh:

I see srx/sts headlamps under there. I don't know what to think of the more rounded off look.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0