Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Aveo Spring Edition

avant1963

Oh, how cute The Aveo Spring Edition will include: 5-door LT in Maui Blue Power Sunroof Foglamps 6 disc CD changer/MP3 Six speaker sound system Satin chromed A/C control cover Limited release 15-inch wheels All for only $995 option That's the best Spring Edition deal going. [attachment=94:attachment]

Those are actually some very nice options.
Should add some spring to the Aveo's step.
                      :withstupid:

[post="38674"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think so too...

Considering the way gas is now...all those toys might convince buyers to get
one if they were thinking they would get a lot less in a smaller car...

I would consider one, even in that strange color...

That's very nice-I got the 2006 brochure (as well as Malibu and Uplander, plus a small-sheet 2007 Tahoe teaser) yesterday. It'll do well just like all other Aveo's, and I wish they didn't discontinue the Aqua color that was available (after September 2005, apparently)-it was very unique. And this Maui blue sounds nice too-I wonder what else they'll come up with. Now how about a Z13 Sport package for LS/LT, extended SVM options, and a Z02 Turbo model to start with?

• 3 weeks later...
hate to wake an old thread, but I just wanted to comment that I think GM needs another smaller/lighter car than this, like my s-series Saturn. I find it sad that the Aveo is pretty much the same weight and horsepower as my car, yet gets 5 less mpg. And the s-series was designed in the late 80's. :-p

hate to wake an old thread, but I just wanted to comment that I think GM needs another smaller/lighter car than this, like my s-series Saturn.  I find it sad that the Aveo is pretty much the same weight and horsepower as my car, yet gets 5 less mpg.  And the s-series was designed in the late 80's. :-p

[post="50213"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

S- cars also had more power, at least the DOHC versions. Sound deadening was non-existant, but they were quick and got good milage. They're also pretty indestructible.

Anyways, spring makes me thing of freshness, clenliness, so anytime I get that not-so-fresh feeling (you know, down there aka ball funk) I'lll think of this car.

Well maybe if Chevy had done the Cobalt right, you'd have your alternative...sad because I just saw a Cobalt commercial at a local dealer advertising 34 MPG, and the same dealer that also sells Toyota's advertised the same 34 MPG highway on its Camry 4-cylinder! Pretty sad, huh? Back on topic, Aveo needs to get mid-40's in highway mileage, and it needs it now-its beyond pathetic that it doesn't. If I were to get a subcompact I probably would get the Aveo in LS trim, I don't want luxury features when buying a subcompact car, but if someone does want it, then I'd say I now support the features/model to exist.

Well maybe if Chevy had done the Cobalt right, you'd have your alternative...sad because I just saw a Cobalt commercial at a local dealer advertising 34 MPG, and the same dealer that also sells Toyota's advertised the same 34 MPG highway on its Camry 4-cylinder! Pretty sad, huh?

[post="50242"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No. Not at all. That's quite an abstract comparison, especially when I can say a Corolla XRS gets 34mpg on the highway with a stick and burning premium while an automatic fullsize Impala gets 31mpg.

I was referring to a base Cobalt too-I think the regular 130hp Corolla's (non-XRS levels) get 40 MPG highway, and therefore compared to non-hybrid/diesel compact cars, that's a benchmark. On a more related note, I think Chevy should roll out more Spring Edition models, even Winter Edition, or Fall Edition with green/brown/taupe/earth tone colors.