If GM is reduced to Chevy and Caddy

Camino LS6

Wow. CARBIZ, hope I'm not crossing the line, but your mother was/is a beautiful woman!

My 55 chevy was two tone blue and white, (Skyline blue and india ivory) and my 57 chevy was two tone blue and white (India Ivory and Larkspur blue).

I love 1950's two tone cars...which is why the modern MINI is perhaps one of the few "newer" cars I can stomach.

Chris

Carbiz, please tell the broad to step aside so I can see more of THE CAR!:smilewide: :AH-HA_wink:

Good thing she isn't standing there today, you'd be lucky to see ANY of the grille for her, ah, rather wide beam.

All the more reason to sell her a Silverado...

Chris

No, she bought a brand new CR-V in June. :blink: Because my Aunt Rita knows more about cars than I do. :rolleyes:

OCN, hold onto your hat, here's another of that old broad:

post-436-1228503191_thumb.jpg

Balthy - see I come from a family of good taste!

Edited by CARBIZ

Cool Carbiz, but how'd she get up there? That's a tall ass fender!

Wait'll I dig up the photo of li'l 5 year old mini-me sitting up in my dad's big-ass bulldozer. Now that's butch... Let me dig in the archives a bit.

I have to find the pic...somewhere I have one of my Mom (5'0", petite blond) with her massive '58 Mercury Monterey 4dr, back in '58. And one of her w/ me circa 1973 w/ the '69 Mustang.

Edited by moltar

The 69 Mustang has to rate as one of the most badass American cars ever.

I almost bought a 69 Mach 1 when I bought my 55 Chevy. The 69-70 Fastback Mustang was the very best of the Mustang breed, IMHO.

To me, the very best of the Camaro didn't come until much later, in the form of the LS-1 powered cars of 98-02.

Chris

I think the '70 Mustang is the best looking, but I also like the first-gen Fastbacks, with their small size. I like Camaros and Firebirds from '67-'73. Every F-body that came after was an evolution of the '75-up car... a mistake, imo. Ford stayed more upright and user-friendly with their Mustang and consequently kept the sales crown. The new Camaro makes up for a lot of lost time, imo.

I think the '70 Mustang is the best looking, but I also like the first-gen Fastbacks, with their small size. I like Camaros and Firebirds from '67-'73. Every F-body that came after was an evolution of the '75-up car... a mistake, imo. Ford stayed more upright and user-friendly with their Mustang and consequently kept the sales crown. The new Camaro makes up for a lot of lost time, imo.

I'm partial to the '69 since I own one, like the 4 headlight front better than the '70 front. But the '70s are great--I'd love to have a '70 Mach 1. Never cared for the '71-73 Mustangs, in fastback form they looked huge. I like the '67-68 Mustangs also.

I like the Camaros and Firebirds from '67-73 also, and '74-75 Firebirds..Pontiac handled the larger bumpers better than Chevy did, IMHO. About the only year of the Firebird I didn't really like was the '69, preferred the '67-68 grille I suppose.