Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

~ I'm back!

1. Name the first GM car to be 100% metric:

Chevette :stupid:

2. This manufacturer is considered to have "big blocks" and "small blocks" though it never had either. All of it's unique V8s shared the same basic architecture. They were often painted light-blue metalic.

Pontiac

3. What was the most unique feature of the 1953 Chevy "Business Coupe"?

Back Seat Delete

4. This exotic car is often thought to be powered by a V12 but it's actaully a 2.8L V8 wiht forced induction. It celebrated an important anniversary in the manufacturer's history as the name suggested.

Ferrari F40 (the last Ferrari product that Enzo was alive to be involved in)

5. They only made TWO of these special edition cars... one white the other one yellow. Since they were double the price of the regular production model and their HP was unchanged most people did not understand their significance. The white one went unsold as brand new for over a year.

1969 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray ZL1

6. Which is faster a 1987 Regal T-Type or a Grand National. WHY?

T-type, becasue of its lighter (aluminum) bumpers and wheels

7. This special edition luxury yacht is little known and very unique. They made 100 of them but technically only 99 production cars were sold since one was lost to the cold waters of the Atlantic ocean. Or so the legend goes. To the causal observer the tail lights on this car were one year ahead of their time.

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

7. This special edition luxury yacht is little known and very unique. They made 100 of them but technically only 99 production cars were sold since one was lost to the cold waters of the Atlantic ocean. Or so the legend goes. To the causal observer the tail lights on this car were one year ahead of their time.

[post="2887"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

We already did this one.

Only a couple guesses for me: 2. Pontiac 4. The Bugatti EB110, celebrating the brand's 110th anniversary. 6. The T-type is faster bec. it's lighter. (?)

Okay, It's been a crazy past few weeks and I have not gotten back inot the swing of things buit here goes.

Trivia for August 24th 2005

6. Which is faster a 1987 Regal T-Type or a Grand National. WHY?

[post="2887"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wondering if this is a trick question or not. In 1987 the name was changed to Regal Turbo T, so technically, there was no T-type. The drivetrain was the same as the GN, so I presume they would perform the same.... the GN just looks better while doing it. I'm not entirely sure, but I think you could get older years of the T-type without the turbo engine. I don't know if they did that for 87 or not. Naturally a T-type without the turbo would be slower.
87 was the year for the 300hp GNX.

In regards to #2, I never heard anyone say "big block" and "small block" when talking about a Pontiac V8. Who does that?

Oldsmobile is the same, from all I've heard. Everything from the little 260 up to the mighty 455 were all basically the same.
Edited by ocnblu

Yes, there was a T-Type Regal in 1987. It's not a trick question. All of these questions are repeats.. that's why it's a review. I've heard stuff like this at least a dozen times: "That GTO had the Big Block wiht three carbs." or "I've got a little Pontiac Smallblock 326 in my Firebird." Edited by Sixty8panther

I know it but it's just like the guys who give you a dirty look at a carshow when you say that the Toronado is one of the coolest FWD cars ever... the guy cocks his head and says "the Toronado? That's got a V8!" as if that automatically meant it was RWD. :wacko:

In regards to #2, I never heard anyone say "big block" and "small block"  when talking about a Pontiac V8.  Who does that?

I've heard it a hundred times easy.

Oldsmobile is the same, from all I've heard.  Everything from the little 260 up to the mighty 455 were all basically the same.

No; there is definately 2 different V-8 block sizes for Olds.

Yup... I also like to remind Ford guys their five-oh mustang is actaully a 4.9. ;)

• 5 months later...
There you go: I'll have a few good trivia questions for you guys soon... just wish more people would participate. :(

wasnt there 3 ZL1 Corvettes?

[post="91388"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I beleive there was a third prototype or whatever but officially two were made, had vin tags, were sold as new cars and remain today as prized centerpieces to ultimate car collections.

Neon:

I'm not a Ford fan, and enjoy ribbing the Mustang guys as much as the next Camaro/Firebird fanatic... but you have to admit the 302 powered Fox body Mustangs are forces to be reckoned wiht in terns of $/HP ratio and cheap, reliable performance.

For $1000 you can go 16.8 in a '91 Civic with a fartcan and look like a fool...

OR

you can go spend $500 on a '91 Mustang and spend $500 on aftermarket goodies and be doing 12.9.

I think the right choice is obvious! :pokeowned:

Yeah, I was just having some phun at Phord's expense. A friend of mine has a '91 Mustang with a heavily breathed upon 5.0L that he runs in Road America events. That car is anything but slow. The Mustang has always offered a lot of bang for the buck. But it's still a Phord. :)

Great minds think alike Neon. I too have a hate/love relationship wiht the Mustang. Most of the "hate" is reserved for the Mustang II, one of the worst cars ever made in the history of the milky way. A 1975 Mustang could not suck any more even if it was made by the industrial division of Electrolux.

I remember my dad dragging my brother and I to the Phord dealership when the original Mustang was first introduced. We even got to test drive one of the "demos" they had on hand. Never mind that it had a six-banger and three speed manual tranny--my brother and I started begging the old man to buy one. Of course, we had already begged him to buy a split-window Corvette, a '63 Riviera, a Studebaker Hawk, etc. :) But we drove back home in our boring but reliable '61 Chevy wagon. I really like the current Mustangs, even if they do ape the styling of the 1969-'70 models (hey, but it's their styling to ape, right?). A high school friend of mine had a '69 Mustang fastback with a 390 and C6 auto tranny. That car was really "tits", in the vernacular of the time. Edited by NeonLX

Neon, you crack me up! That expression needs to be retro-efied and come back. I think my Datsun is the "Tits", in a mad cow kind of way. :P Now that I've seen the Camaro and it's a hardtop like I've been hoping and praying the biggest letdown of the Mustang is the thick, pronounced B-pillar. Yuck.